PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

v.bhasin1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
locking the screen

is there any way to prompt a lock for the touchscreen every time you turn the screen on and off like a normal touch phone. Will it only happen when you turn the whole device on and off or do it manually by start-lock?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Re: locking the screen

Search for programs called "devicelock" or "lock device".

Here's what I do:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...12&postcount=4
Old 11-17-2009, 07:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jvjr06 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to jvjr06 Send a message via Yahoo to jvjr06

the one that works for me is S2U2. it locks every time when you hit the power button
Old 11-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

jillbiz is a n00b

Maybe I'm just not understanding something in all of the lock discussions. On my old Treo I could press right soft key and then center of d-pad to lock and unlock. The unlock is the issue here for me. On the Intrepid if I assign the speaker key to lock it will only lock, not unlock and there is no option to assign unlock. I dowloaded the xda devicelock and hoped that would do it, nope. I don't know why, but the slider annoys me, lol. Haus, you've been so helpful, any suggestions?
Old 11-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Jillbiz - Palm built a keyguard over Windows Mobile for locking. It worked really well and was something that Microsoft has never, ever done right. Without Palm we are left with various alternatives...S2U2, devicelock (and others that leverage the built in lock), PocketShield (which I loved for the TP but I don't like on the Intrepid because it's not QVGA), etc.

You're right, the lock and unlock functionality is different. But devicelock only uses the built-in lock; it engages it automatically, something Microsoft should have allowed from day one. If you don't like the slider, you can select the old style lock. Go to start-settings-lock, display tab, and select "Windows Classic" (I think you have to restart). The problem is, the old style Windows Mobile lock actually unlocks when you get an SMS or call, so for pocket use it's actually poor (because if you get a text message then your phone can pocket dial afterward). The new slider lock at least fixes that problem.

Try PocketShield, as it has the option for unlocking with the center button. There's a QVGA version on their site somewhere.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work

S2U2 has both a slider and you can use your d-pad and go to the right. So first you push the power button and then -> on the D-pad and you're unlocked. To lock, you can just push the power button or add a shortcut to the program.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid