PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

JPiacenza is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Intrepid Camera

I've noticed the camera does not take very quality pictures. I figured it was the setting so I changed the ISO and that didn't help. I also changed the white balance which didn't help. Any advice?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Re: Intrepid Camera

I don't think they're bad for a cell phone camera, and the panorama feature is cool. Is the back of your phone smudged with fingerprints, etc.? And do you have it set for 2048x1536 (3M)?

All else I can say is, it's a cell phone camera. Pics work best when they're reduced just a little bit.

Attached pic was taken with the Intrepid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNC00026-4.jpg (736.0 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Lurker

mtilson is a n00b

Press a button to focus the lens then press a second time to actually take the pic. Is there anyway to achieve this? I think the HTC TP1 could do this, right? This would be a great feature/tweak. The lag time for the lens to focus is killer and makes it extremely difficult to take quality pics. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtilson View Post
Press a button to focus the lens then press a second time to actually take the pic. Is there anyway to achieve this?
It's not a tweak, it's built into the camera button. Press the button firmly (2 clicks) to launch the camera. Let go of the button. Center the screen on your subject. Press the button gently to the first click and hold. White focus rectangle goes from white to yellow while it focuses, then green when locked in (and you get a beep if your sound is on). Then press the button the rest of the way in to snap the photo.

If you use the center button, you dont have the intermediate selection of course. One press focuses (for an eternity) and then eventually takes the shot.

There's always a delay between pressing the button and taking the shot. That's why Nikon DSLRs can still command a price premium over CMOS-based cell phone cameras.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Lurker

mtilson is a n00b

Thanks, Haus, that's awesome. I've always used the center d pad button to capture pics, so I never knew the camera button was my solution all along. The TP2 does have this flaw, though, and I couldn't find anyone with a good fix on PPCGeeks or xda.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Do me a favor, hit the "Thanks" button on any post that helps you. I need a little encouragement right now.

Having the camera button on the side is kind of weird when you want to take landscape shots, but we'll just chalk it up to those same wacky Samsung people that put a QVGA screen on a device in 2009 and forgot to put the backslash on the keyboard and the symbol selector SIP. (WTF!?)
Old 11-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Lurker

ChiefGeek is a n00b

Compared to my Palm Centro, this camera (IMHO) is awesome. Video is pretty good too.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JPiacenza is a n00b

Honestly, I was testing the camera in a low-light environment where the camera was not as functional as I thought it would be. I tried the camera in more of a sun-light area and it was MUCH better. I altered the ISO and that made my natural lighted pictures even better. I appreciate all of your input on the subject.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid