PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

jp0213x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garmin Mobile XT

Is anyone using the Garmin Mobile XT software software on the Intrepid? I was able to load it but I am having problems getting it connected to the gps. Does anyone know what port the garmin software needs to use to acquire a signal?
Old 08-17-2010, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work
Re: Garmin Mobile XT

On most windows mobile devices I think it is com 4 but if Garmin isn't finding it on its own then I would recommend getting another gps program to test it or prime it. Chartcross gps is easy to find and i think i remember one named gps viewer a while back. Those programs can help finding the GPS then either leave it open for Garmin or you can just use the info from them.
Programs: PocketIRC, Total Commander, Sprint Arcsoft MMS, Mocha FTP, GCzII, Groovemobile, Dotfred Taskmgr, Resco Radio, Kbd Controller, Explorer ext., Opera Mobile, Opera Mini 5, Skyfire, Bing, Azgard Tower defense, Palm Heros
Old 08-17-2010, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
On most windows mobile devices I think it is com 4 but if Garmin isn't finding it on its own then I would recommend getting another gps program to test it or prime it. Chartcross gps is easy to find and i think i remember one named gps viewer a while back. Those programs can help finding the GPS then either leave it open for Garmin or you can just use the info from them.
What would chartcross do, do I use this for garmin or do I used chartcross instead?
Old 08-17-2010, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

Tmair is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have Garmin running on my intrepid, it found the GPS no problem, just wondering, if you go to Settings>System>Externsl GPS, the third tab says "Access", make sure "Manage GPS automatically" is checked!
Infact the only GPS program that I have installed on my Intrepid that has not been able to find the GPS is Destinator, to bad, that looked like it would have been a decent GPS program, I have been looking around for a new program since Garmin has decided to NOT support WM any longer, I have emailed them twice trying to get them to atleast sell the updated maps to those who would like to have them, since they came out with their own phone they have abandoned us, tobad, from what I have read their phone is clunky, and they have it on, in my opinion, the worst carrier in the industry!
Anyway I hope this helps.
Terry
Old 08-17-2010, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
I have Garmin running on my intrepid, it found the GPS no problem, just wondering, if you go to Settings>System>Externsl GPS, the third tab says "Access", make sure "Manage GPS automatically" is checked!
Infact the only GPS program that I have installed on my Intrepid that has not been able to find the GPS is Destinator, to bad, that looked like it would have been a decent GPS program, I have been looking around for a new program since Garmin has decided to NOT support WM any longer, I have emailed them twice trying to get them to atleast sell the updated maps to those who would like to have them, since they came out with their own phone they have abandoned us, tobad, from what I have read their phone is clunky, and they have it on, in my opinion, the worst carrier in the industry!
Anyway I hope this helps.
Terry
I did check my setting, that was already checked off, when I launch garmin, it goes through the "scanning attached" for some reason its not finding the gps.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0213x View Post
What would chartcross do, do I use this for garmin or do I used chartcross instead?
Chartcross or holux gps viewier is a small program only used to open the gps port and gain some info from it like maybe speed, or number of connected satellites. One trick other people do for other nav software (not garmin) is to run a small light program like that to get the gps going then run the larger navigation program and the nav program will get a gps lock eaiser. Garmin does not need this but since you are having problems it is just an option. The holux gps viewer has a button built in where it will scan all your ports and tell you which one to use for gps. I am feeling extra generous today so ill even attach it.

in that zip is an .exe that is to be run on your phone.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 8176849.rar (90.8 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
Chartcross or holux gps viewier is a small program only used to open the gps port and gain some info from it like maybe speed, or number of connected satellites. One trick other people do for other nav software (not garmin) is to run a small light program like that to get the gps going then run the larger navigation program and the nav program will get a gps lock eaiser. Garmin does not need this but since you are having problems it is just an option. The holux gps viewer has a button built in where it will scan all your ports and tell you which one to use for gps. I am feeling extra generous today so ill even attach it.

in that zip is an .exe that is to be run on your phone.
I do have google maps loaded on my phone, would that interfere with anything?
Old 08-17-2010, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0213x View Post
I do have google maps loaded on my phone, would that interfere with anything?
It should not, I have Bing, Google Maps, ZorroGPS, and Garmin, all found the GPS no problem I can't believe you are having this kind of trouble with Garmin.
Terry
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
It should not, I have Bing, Google Maps, ZorroGPS, and Garmin, all found the GPS no problem I can't believe you are having this kind of trouble with Garmin.
Terry
I just scans the blue tooth and eventually doesn't pick up a gps. I followed the direction as mentioned. I run the app from my sd card, I run the Queppc to launch the app.

Last edited by jp0213x; 08-17-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

So it did not install to programs?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid