PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Intrepid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Anyone try the new firmware for Intrepid posted on sprint.com (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123420)

rzeppa 06-03-2010 04:24 PM

Anyone try the new firmware for Intrepid posted on sprint.com

Has anyone attempted to update their Intrepid with the DD19 firmware posted in the SW downloads section on sprint.com? I can't find any info on the specific fixes, and am not sure if it's worth it.

From Sprint.com:
Key Features and Functionality Enhancements:
Contains minor bug fixes that will improve device performance.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Follow these step-by-step instructions to ensure a successful update.

Release Details:
Dated: 5/24/2010
Software Version: DD19

Fuzzy Wuzzy 06-03-2010 07:38 PM

Re: Anyone try the new firmware for Intrepid posted on sprint.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzeppa (Post 1789610)
Has anyone attempted to update their Intrepid with the DD19 firmware posted in the SW downloads section on sprint.com? I can't find any info on the specific fixes, and am not sure if it's worth it.

From Sprint.com:
Key Features and Functionality Enhancements:
Contains minor bug fixes that will improve device performance.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Follow these step-by-step instructions to ensure a successful update.

Release Details:
Dated: 5/24/2010
Software Version: DD19

Oh sweet! I'll check it out right after I back everything up

I wonder if there is a patch-list or something.

raiderfan247365 06-04-2010 12:11 AM

HOLY CRAP someone call CMONEX!!!

nutrapi 06-04-2010 04:29 PM

mission impossible to get this thing flashing via windows 7 x64. At the bottom of the how-to doc from sprint, did anyone else notice the 'copyright 2008' thing? ha...

seriously sprint & samsung - get it together. It's easy peasy to flash ANY htc device...why make it so hard and ghetto (needing samsung CDMA drivers, etc)?

nutrapi 06-04-2010 04:48 PM

Woot, got it working via the downloadable updater.

Step 1)
Get this file from the interwebs: 20080305034806796_MCCI_Driver_4.40.7.exe and extract it to a folder somewhere.

Step 2)
Run the upgrade_tool exe from sprint (I always run these flash programs with 'run as admin' on vista/7), and go through the initial setup. (I didn't reboot)

step 3)
Open up windows mobile device center and connect your phone.

step 4)
Run upgrade_tool again, and then start the upgrade process. Your phone should reboot and be at a black samsung screen. This is when you will likely receive an error if you're running windows vista/7 x64 (and/or their respective 32 versions possibly).

Step 5) go into the device manager (windows key + r, then devmgmt.msc) right click on the new CDMA 'unknown device' and click update driver. Proceed to show it the folder where you extracted the "20080305034806796_MCCI_Driver_4.40.7.exe" you procured.

Step 6) now you should have two more unknown devices. Continue to show them the folder when performing an 'update driver' task for each.

step 7) you may have taken too long to do these previous steps, and the flasher may have timed out. It's cool. Just open up upgrade_tool again (you may have to reboot your phone with a battery pull), and go through the process once more. This time, your cdma drivers should all be golden.

Wooo, firmware flashed.

216playboi 06-04-2010 05:35 PM

hi can you send m the link to the interweb i cant seem to find it,thanks ill follow the steps afterwards im having and sprint techs as well having problems upgrading my intrepid as well

Tmair 06-04-2010 09:01 PM

So, now can any one tell us if there is any advantage to doing this upgrade? Or is it a sidegrade?
Thanks
Terry

Fuzzy Wuzzy 06-04-2010 10:18 PM

I haven't really noticed a difference. The LED notifications bug has not been fixed and tmail.exe has been crashing a lot, but that is probably dude to other things.

Other than that, it is pretty much the same thing. No new apps. nothing. I am not sure why the download was over 200mbs, either.

Oh, and I kept on getting errors trying to install it on a Windows 7 x64 pc (tried a couple) but it worked fine using a x32.

Tmair 06-04-2010 10:47 PM

I think I'll hold off then, the only thing I don't realy like about my intrepid is that the keyboard light shuts off to soon, other then that it works just fine, but then I don't realy use the LED features, other then to see that it is charging, and if it is fully charged.
Thanks
Terry

ytravel 06-05-2010 10:45 PM

Here is what I can see.
First -the old style lock is gone.
Second - email set up, you have gmail, yahoo, live and other email set up.
Third - The latest BING still will not work

More to come when I figure things out.