PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone try the new firmware for Intrepid posted on sprint.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc7chris View Post
i just reset the whole phone and did a hard reset and STILL having issues. specially with sending picture messaging. it gets suck at like 5% sometimes and then says cannot send, or sometimes i get a dialing error or #777 error..i gotta always reboot the phone for it to send a damn pic..

=[
try opening an internet connection before sending (like open your browser)

DONATE
Old 07-18-2010, 04:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

ulsigem is a n00b

I recently applied the new firmware and noticed that Sprint Titan Manager is missing. No more java support.

Also, when trying to install the youtube app on the phone, it states that it is not supported. I was able to install a previous version of the program because i kept the cab file on my SD card.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

Tmair is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulsigem View Post
I recently applied the new firmware and noticed that Sprint Titan Manager is missing. No more java support.

Also, when trying to install the youtube app on the phone, it states that it is not supported. I was able to install a previous version of the program because i kept the cab file on my SD card.
This right here tells me I'm happy with what I got.
I could live with out Titan, but it really makes me mad to think that Bing has to be hacked to work on this NEW Windows 6.5 device, and now with the update even YouTube won't work, I really like my Intrepid, but I can't believe that it has become the Red headed step child so soon, you would think that if a 6.5 device was going to be released it would be capible of using ALL of the programs out there written for 6.5...just sayin!
Terry
Old 07-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
This right here tells me I'm happy with what I got.
I could live with out Titan, but it really makes me mad to think that Bing has to be hacked to work on this NEW Windows 6.5 device, and now with the update even YouTube won't work, I really like my Intrepid, but I can't believe that it has become the Red headed step child so soon, you would think that if a 6.5 device was going to be released it would be capible of using ALL of the programs out there written for 6.5...just sayin!
Terry
if we could just get custom roms going, most of these issues could be solved...
Old 07-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung intrepid
Carrier: boost/sprint

cvc7chris is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan247365 View Post
try opening an internet connection before sending (like open your browser)
it works when i first turn the phone but then it won't later.. the ony way is rebotng the phone =[
Old 07-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Rogers

gambitz is a n00b

Few comments here.

1. Bizarre that Sprint and Samsung did not announce this firmware update. I've been checking their website. And now after reading this, I am able to find the update on Sprint website - NOT Samsung as one user mentioned.

2. Update released 2 months ago and we are just finding out about this....

3. As for your connectivity issues. Perhaps your phone has to be re-programmed?

4. I use unlocked phone with ROGERS sim card in Canada. At first, my connection sucks. I would get disconnected every few hours or so. Until I changed to "Auto" to specific Band selection, I almsot never have any issues ever since. I do not know if updating the firmware will screw up my connection as well. I'm abit scared.

For you who want to try the Band selection. Go to settings, personal, phone, then click on the services tab (on bottom) then find "Band Selection", click change settings.

I have mine on 850 1900 MHz to work with Rogers. I've tried other options and none works only this one with Rogers. Perhaps you have to find what your band should be with Sprint or whoever.

5. It pi$$es me off that they have not fixed the LED notifcation issue. Come on seriously how can it be hard?

Honestly, I do not know how windows plan to sell their windows based phones to the general population.

I've had Moto Q with WM 5.0 and now this phone with WM 6.5 both are NOT user friendly and you have to muddle around the settings to get things work your way. With Blackberry, things work on the first try!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tmair is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I would seriously consider Black Berry if they didn't have their fees for email on top of the phone service and internet fees.
Terry
Old 07-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Rogers

gambitz is a n00b

I want to test the new firmware but I need a way to go back to the older firmware if I'm not happy with the new one.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:29 PM
Lurker

splautz is a n00b

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but they did finally put a 'back' selection in the settings menus. OK also works to go back. No more having to go all the way to the top programs page after each and every settings change.

I had problems activating my phone after receiving it back from Samsung. But after giving it a good hard reset, all those issues went away.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Lurker

crimmel is a n00b

DATA DISCONNECT ISSUE RESOLUTION

Following the firmware upgrade to DD19, I was also having issues staying connected to the Data network. Even though it would work fine upon initial boot and it would say that it was still connected, I could never retrieve anything from my data connection after about an hour and would occasionally get an error message telling me it could not connect while dialing #777.

My Fix: Go to settings, personal, phone, then click on the NETWORK tab and under "Mode of Operation" choose "CDMA ONLY". (Obviously, if you are on a GSM network, be sure to choose "GSM ONLY")

Ever since I made this change my phone has retrieved data without any issues whatsoever - no more soft resets!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid