PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Intrepid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   100$$ to the first person to put energy rom on my intrepid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117551)

relisted 04-09-2010 02:20 PM

100$$ to the first person to put energy rom on my intrepid

The title says it.
I have my intrepid laying here cuz there arent any custom roms.
So im willing to pay a chef if he can put energy rom leo or skirom on my intrepid!!

Pm for details!

rafyrod 04-13-2010 12:17 AM

Re: 100$$ to the first person to put energy rom on my intrepid

ur device must be unlocked first in order to put a custom rom on it, and samsung lock their devices like motorola and palm used to do with their treo's.

htc's are more open minded (inside) and thats why u see alot of custom rom on htc..... all i could say is good luck on ur journey....

relisted 04-13-2010 12:20 AM

lol i know! thats the only thing i hate about the interpid. other than that great phone out of the box
thats why im offering 100$

bikeandestroyx 04-13-2010 01:24 AM

Unfortunately the hours/days/months one would have to put into this would not be worth $100 at all and one would need an intrepid themselves, knowing it would probably be bricked somewhere along the journey to custom roms. Thats just for an unlocker, then you would need to create a kichen that would work on it and a utility to flash the rom if you could even manage to get a kitchen usable.

raiderfan247365 04-13-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1696252)
Unfortunately the hours/days/months one would have to put into this would not be worth $100 at all and one would need an intrepid themselves, knowing it would probably be bricked somewhere along the journey to custom roms. Thats just for an unlocker, then you would need to create a kichen that would work on it and a utility to flash the rom if you could even manage to get a kitchen usable.

you are correct my friend. just ask comex about the TreoPro... not the easiest thing to do from what all you developers say and i believe you :) But ya without a flash utility its pointless anyway... although there is a chance the phone is not security locked as the samsung epix was not...

rafyrod 04-14-2010 01:06 AM

i used to have the intrepid and so far is the best windows phone i had before the touch pro 2.... battery has been the best in any windows mobile device, keyboard was awesome too and the overall build quality (for me) was top notch.. the only thing that i didnt like was the screen resolution... :-(

relisted 04-15-2010 06:20 PM

i totally understand the months and time it would take. i will gladly donate an intrepid for the cause.
i honestly think it is by far the best winmo device besides the pro 2
i have to second rafyrods post. i honestly didnt mind the screen i thought it was near superb

SilverSpoonCells 06-06-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderfan247365 (Post 1696827)
you are correct my friend. just ask comex about the TreoPro... not the easiest thing to do from what all you developers say and i believe you :) But ya without a flash utility its pointless anyway... although there is a chance the phone is not security locked as the samsung epix was not...

There is now a flash utility as Sprint has released an update to this device

raiderfan247365 06-06-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverspooncells (Post 1797281)
There is now a flash utility as Sprint has released an update to this device

i know. i hope this leads to something...