PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

splautz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Intrepid WiFi problems

I have the Sprint Intrepid with WiFiRouter installed. It works great sometimes, but other times it has issues. There seems to be two problems which probably has nothing to do with WiFiRouter ifself:

1) Every now and then, the phone seems to loose all wifi abilities. It will start by dropping the wifi connection. When I bring up Wi-Fi Manager, Wi-Fi is missing. I'm unable to turn wifi off or on because it's just not there. So restarting WiFiRouter does no good. When I do, the 3G-WiFi button is no longer on the screen to select. The only way to get the phone (or WinMo) to recognize that my phone has wifi again, is to reboot.

2) At times, the WiFi connection will drop and sometimes it will automatically reconnect and other times I have to quit 3G-WiFi or restart WifiRouter entirely to get it to reconnect. Sometimes just selecting connect again on my laptop does the job. This can go on for 15 min or more and then work flawlessly for hours. So I'm unsure if this is just a compatibility issue with my laptop's wireless adaptor or with the phone. But it's annoying because 3G-bluetooth in WifiRouter works flawlessly all the time and is very stable.

Can anyone else relate to the issues above? If not, I might contact Samsung and try to get a replacement sometime before the warranty is up. But I feel this could be a design flaw.. One can really only see the issues if they use wifirouter a lot. I'm not even sure if this wifirouter specific (it likely isn't, especially problem #1). I just hope a phone firmware fix will correct it.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Intrepid WiFi problems

WMwifirouter gave me headaches as well, with wifi just acting suuper wierd, much of what you described. I had to restart my phone to fix it everytime... really annoying. Maybe try a different version of wifirouter?
Old 03-31-2010, 05:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: peteraugusts
Carrier: peteraugusts

peteraugusts is a n00b

You have to try with different version of wifirouter because I have no problem Intrepid with WiFiRouter.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:13 PM
Lurker

jinwong is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteraugusts View Post
You have to try with different version of wifirouter because I have no problem Intrepid with WiFiRouter.
Which version of wifirouter are you using?
Old 05-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Lurker

selkie707 is a n00b

I have had these problems with mine since i bought it, it is not wifirouter that is doing this, it seems to be the phone itself

It is probably a problem with either the wifi adapter or the driver for it

Maybe a update will fix this.... probably not, but still
Old 05-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Lurker

JPiacenza is a n00b

My phone will not connect to "sprint data". I have a good connection via USB, WiFi, and Bluetooth(I can ping the gateway no problem) but I have no external connection due to the fact that Sprint Data will not connect. Did sprint disconnect their sprint data service due to the amount of people tethering using different softwares? Any assistance here would be awesome.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

splautz is a n00b

Ok, after sending in my phone to Samsung twice for the wifi issues, I've pretty much confirmed that it is some flaw in the phone. The new phone sent back to me did exactly the same thing my old one did.. and that's disconnect and usually lock up wifi until a soft reset. The more data that is sent, the more likely the issue is to happen. For example, if I just browse the web it could last hours.. load up yahoo msgr and aim, maybe an hour.. but load up emule or bittorrent, a lockup is guarrenteed within a few minutes. lol So I've decided to switch entirely to bluetooth for any tethering. It works very nicely with wmwifirouter.
At some point a few years down the line, I might want to switch to the Touch Pro 2 being as how it looks like the only other doable option for my $12/mo Sprint plan. lol Can anyone confirm or deny if it too has flakey wifi with wmwifirouter?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid