PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
5-column, small icon, vertical wrap start menu

Here's a modified StartMenu_GridScene_320x240.cpr file (this determines honeycomb grid placement in the start menu).

I can't get rid of the honeycomb (tried setting it to "FALSE" and got no start menu at all, so don't do that), but this does the following:

1. Shrinks icons

2. 5 columns (combined with #1 you now get 10 icons per screen instead of

3. Text wrapping a little tighter (i.e., "internet explorer" wraps)

4. Big one: VERTICAL WRAP!!! It doesn't work with a finger flick, but if you hit "start" and then up on the d-pad, you get to the bottom of your programs list! Then you can finger flick upward. This makes it really easy to get to the bottom of your programs list. Huge improvement IMHO.

=============== INSTRUCTIONS =====================

1. Take the attached .txt file and rename it so the extension is .cpr

2. Copy it somewhere onto your device (like "My Documents")

3. Using a file explorer like Resco Explorer, move it to \Windows

I had to do the steps above in order, because WM6.5 doesn't like you overwriting system files using Activesync. Once you overwrite it once, though, you can make further edits and then overwrite it directly to \Windows on your Intrepid from your PC.

If you make your own edits, you have to reboot the phone to see your changes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3999 (Small).JPG (30.6 KB, 343 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: txt StartMenu_GridScene_320x240.txt (1.1 KB, 95 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by haus; 02-24-2010 at 08:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Re: 5-column, small icon, vertical wrap start menu

Original file, in case anyone edits theirs, breaks something, and doesn't have a backup. Rename this by removing the prefix "ORIGINAL" and change the extension from .txt to .cpr, and put in \Windows.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

looks pretty!
Old 06-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Derrickt is a n00b

It seems now I get only three columns now. Eight months ago it did work. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 06-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I never got an email notification that you wrote in this thread, sorry. What did you change? Did you do the new Sprint software update? Maybe that breaks it (or at the very least you'll have to reapply the modified gridscene file after that update). And are you on a Treo Pro, as your profile indicates, or an Intrepid, which this hack is designed for? I don't use the Intrepid anymore, but general advice in a situation like this is to ascertain what has changed since the modification stopped working, then attempt to reapply the modification or remove the conflicting application that caused the mod to stop working in the first place (or if necessary, decide between the two).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid