PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung intrepid
Carrier: sprint

nat1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SMS problems

hi,

I just my samsung intrepid about 2 weeks ago (my first one anyway) and I have had problems of it randomly quit sending SMS messages. so i took it back and exchanged it for another one but it had the same problem. I am approaching the end of my 30 day trial period and would really REALLY like to keep this phone but if this continues I cant. so does anyone have any advice? service at my home is not great but once it wont send a message it wont send another one till I pull the battery (not just a soft reset), no matter the service. i can still revive SMS, make calls and get emails. Im stumped and frustrated at this one...
Old 01-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Re: SMS problems

There are Intrepid owners here that do a *lot* more texting than I do and they are more qualified to answer, but since you're under time pressure I'll take a shot. Do you have the xbutton setting set to close programs? if so, try unchecking it (start-settings-system-xbuttonsetting). That option forces pocket outlook to close, which might cause problems.

If it's not that, I've got nothing else. This phone is kind of a mixed bag...it has a lot of issues, but it's kind of the only game in town for this feature set (qwertybar WinMo).

No idea why a soft reset and pulling the battery would not have the same effect. They are pretty much the same thing (what happens if you use a reset utility vs. pressing the button?).
Old 01-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nat1 is a n00b

I will admit i do a massive amount of texting over one day... and no that's not it, that box was already unchecked. It seems like once one message wont send it wont send another one. Its really odd.....
Old 01-31-2010, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

I have this problem too, I've been trying to figure out what is causing it.

I have noticed that it occurs both at high and low signal levels, and while roaming and while on Sprint's network.

I think that it's related to the radios ability to switch between data and voice.

I noticed when I changed by Activesync from "as Items arrive" to "every 15 minutes", it occurred much less often so that makes me think the program isn't sending the right instructions to the radio.

Soft resetting in this cause would then term all open data connections, thus allowing you to send.

I also think it's somehow related to the fact that if the phone goes from sprint to roaming and back, it will get a failed to authenticate when dialing #777 error.

God I wish someone would produce a custom rom for this phone.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work

Do you ever get tmail crashing, or are you just getting a message saying that you're message cannot be sent? I've experienced both, and crashing had to do with having a lot of messages (not only txt, but email as well.) The cannot be sent issue is harder to trace, happens more when I send messages back to back. It seems like the end user gets the message even though my phone said it didn't go through.

I've since moved on from this phone because of all the bugs. But still stuck with WinMo because I'm on SERO, and i gotta say that sms really stinks with WinMo, although not as bad with my touch pro with a custom rom.

PS. gotta mention to make sure that you're using "sprint data" and not auto, apn or phone as modem.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nat1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprimr1 View Post
I have this problem too, I've been trying to figure out what is causing it.

I have noticed that it occurs both at high and low signal levels, and while roaming and while on Sprint's network.

I think that it's related to the radios ability to switch between data and voice.

I noticed when I changed by Activesync from "as Items arrive" to "every 15 minutes", it occurred much less often so that makes me think the program isn't sending the right instructions to the radio.

Soft resetting in this cause would then term all open data connections, thus allowing you to send.

I also think it's somehow related to the fact that if the phone goes from sprint to roaming and back, it will get a failed to authenticate when dialing #777 error.

God I wish someone would produce a custom rom for this phone.
what do you mean you changed Activesync? and I do get that error occasionally.... and i am parying that something new comes out all be it an up date or a fully custom rom... but the day when they do...
Old 02-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nat1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sae View Post
Do you ever get tmail crashing, or are you just getting a message saying that you're message cannot be sent? I've experienced both, and crashing had to do with having a lot of messages (not only txt, but email as well.) The cannot be sent issue is harder to trace, happens more when I send messages back to back. It seems like the end user gets the message even though my phone said it didn't go through.

I've since moved on from this phone because of all the bugs. But still stuck with WinMo because I'm on SERO, and i gotta say that sms really stinks with WinMo, although not as bad with my touch pro with a custom rom.

PS. gotta mention to make sure that you're using "sprint data" and not auto, apn or phone as modem.
Never had tmail crash before. and the phone right now is "out of the box" for the most part.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

goducks is just getting started

I've got this issue as well, not with email but texts sometimes fail--I get a message a few minutes after sending it that it didn't go through. It doesn't seem particularly related to signal strength. Dictating the text via TellMe is more likely to cause it to happen.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1 View Post
Never had tmail crash before. and the phone right now is "out of the box" for the most part.
Then I'm assuming you're getting the 'message not sent. try again?' message. That's a problem that happened to me all the time with that phone. I gotta say the person on the other end did get the message tho. I still have the problem with my touch pro, but not as frequent. I think it's a weakness with WinMo SMS program.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nat1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sae View Post
Then I'm assuming you're getting the 'message not sent. try again?' message. That's a problem that happened to me all the time with that phone. I gotta say the person on the other end did get the message tho. I still have the problem with my touch pro, but not as frequent. I think it's a weakness with WinMo SMS program.
no, the other person wont get the message.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid