PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Intrepid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Portland,OR: Intrepid For Sale (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108652)

raiderfan247365 01-30-2010 01:51 AM

Portland,OR: Intrepid For Sale

I posted this in the bargain thread but i figured id let anyone near the Portland,OR area know im letting go of a gently used intrepid w/ gel skin and zagg screen protector...

haus 01-30-2010 12:20 PM

Re: Portland,OR: Intrepid For Sale

This thread will probably be moved/deleted by the mods but do tell what you're replacing it with!

Edit: Not trying to make this turn into one of those angry threads, I'm actually curious. My relationship with this phone is sort of love/hate depending on what I'm trying to do.

raiderfan247365 01-30-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haus (Post 1527824)
This thread will probably be moved/deleted by the mods but do tell what you're replacing it with!

Edit: Not trying to make this turn into one of those angry threads, I'm actually curious. My relationship with this phone is sort of love/hate depending on what I'm trying to do.

Ya lol I figured it would be deleted. Well I made the switch to the TP 2, here's why Haus. Let me start by saying I love/ed the Intrepid it is just too buggy, unpredictable and too many third part software glitches. I HATE that WMP will not function efficiently (i know i can use 3rd party soft but i dont want to dang-it!). Bluetooth functions are terrible (i know you made a good script haus but i dont feel i should have to run mortscript for my hardware to work porperly...). I type too fast for the keyboard to catch up on screen (constant lagging in txt). For whatever reason, a week or two after i would hard reset the Intrepid it would just start to run sloooow until i hard reset again (deleting txt helped but thats ridiculous that i have to monitor my txt count on a $450 phone). It sounds stupid but i have my phone on silent a lot and i rely on my status light, the Intrepid obvious has issues with the status light. I love how light the actual phone is and its battery life, wish it had more ability to customize with ROMs but thats not a deal breaker for me. I would honestly buy an intrepid again in 6 months or so if samsung or sprint released a ROM update, buuut i just dont see that happening, Hell if i could just sit on the phone as a backup i would but im a student so cash isnt exactly at a premium lol. And Im NEVER leaving WINMO!!!

haus 01-30-2010 03:45 PM

I understand completely. I look at the TP2 a lot and think how much fun it would be to have a huge screen, more recent builds of WM, and the massive user dev community around the HTC devices. But then I think about how much I use the d-pad and realize that the TP2 isn't the answer for me. I can't live with a device that requires two hands to do pretty much anything.

Still very much hating the Intrepid's QVGA and status light issue. BT has been a lot more stable since I implemented my fix, which I'm continuing to tweak, but I do understand the general unwillingness to run a mortscript just to make the phone work a certain way. At least since I wrote it I can feel confident in how it works.

Enjoy the TP2!