PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Intrepid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Screen Rotation Application? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107912)

Perry Gonzalez 01-25-2010 06:48 AM

Screen Rotation Application?

I'm looking for a screen rotation application. Gyrator 2 doesn't work (unless there's an updated version I don't know about). Any ideas?

SComp23 01-25-2010 09:22 AM

Re: Screen Rotation Application?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry Gonzalez (Post 1514936)
I'm looking for a screen rotation application. Gyrator 2 doesn't work (unless there's an updated version I don't know about). Any ideas?

You sure this is in the right forum? Why would you want the screen on the Intrepid to rotate? Also, Gyrator 2 works for devices with a G Sensor, the Intrepid has no need for one.

nicedeboy 01-25-2010 04:17 PM

I don't think the screen can rotate. lol

Perry Gonzalez 01-26-2010 06:19 AM

I've had windows mobile for several years. I'm finding some of my old games displaying sideways. one game will run, but approx 1/4 of the screen won't show. Thus the screen rotation app.

haus 01-26-2010 11:37 AM

Have you tried a google search for "windows mobile screen rotate app"? I did that and came up with at least a few potential leads. Not sure if they would work or not, but maybe worth trying.

Of course the issue is that the Intrepid doesn't support a portrait orientation (as others have noted) so your buttons won't map properly. If your games expect the left or right key on the D-pad to map to "up" when the screen is rotated I'm guessing that won't happen without some keyboard driver wizardry.

Perry Gonzalez 01-27-2010 05:53 AM

Thanks haus for your help. Back during my Treo 650/700 days, someone made a third party app called "Rotate" for Palm OS. It surprised a lot of people who thought there was no need for such an app. And it did come in handy. I'll keep looking.

selkie707 02-08-2010 05:35 PM

use nyditot it will force the intrepid to rotate, the samsung intrepid's screen rotation is blocked by samsung but nyditot unblocks it

selkie707 02-08-2010 05:37 PM

all other rotation apps do not work tho, but once nyditot is installed they will work, the issue resides in samsung blocking screen rotation.

In 90 degree rotation you may have issues with the touch screen not being completely accurate, this may be why samsung disabled it

WMLover212 02-08-2010 06:04 PM

Search for Mobilemagic. That's what I have running on my Touch Pro II. The only thing I would like to see is somw sort of animation like what the iPhone and the Pre have vs just snapping over to landscape or vise versa.