PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Intrepid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Menu Button ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106717)

Wadea12 01-17-2010 01:18 PM

Menu Button ?

Dumb question , but what is the "Menu Button " on the intrepid ? I have "Task Manger " set to open with it , but no where in the manual does it show a location for this button ?

Also is there a way to add items to the "Start" Menu , Like "Favorite Contacts" with photos.

kporter1500 01-23-2010 07:55 AM

Re: Menu Button ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wadea12 (Post 1496038)
Dumb question , but what is the "Menu Button " on the intrepid ? I have "Task Manger " set to open with it , but no where in the manual does it show a location for this button ?

Also is there a way to add items to the "Start" Menu , Like "Favorite Contacts" with photos.

The intrepid's "menu" button would be the Windows hard key, or the start key on the screen. They both take you to the menu. Not really sure about your other question tho :?:.

spensergig 01-25-2010 06:34 PM

I spent some time recently on this exact problem.

Turns out that the "menu" button appears to be the button on the lower right corner of the keyboard.

A single push brings up the wireless manager.
Push and hold brings up the task manager.

I'm thinking of relabling it as the "any" key. :joker:

kporter1500 01-27-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spensergig (Post 1516007)
I spent some time recently on this exact problem.

Turns out that the "menu" button appears to be the button on the lower right corner of the keyboard.

A single push brings up the wireless manager.
Push and hold brings up the task manager.

I'm thinking of relabling it as the "any" key. :joker:

Oh you meant the task manager...the menu button is the windows key or the start menu key....it actually takes you to the menu of the phone...I didnt know you were looking for the task manager otherwise I would have directed you that way lol.

haus 01-27-2010 11:26 AM

I must have read this thread 10 times and didn't understand it until spensergig posted. OP was apparently referring to the "Hold Menu" selection in the buttons control panel. That named function does refer to the wireless manager key, the lower right key on the keyboard with the little antenna icon. "Menu" is not the most descriptive name, and OP wasn't super clear in where the "menu key" term originated. :)

As for part 2 of the question, I don't believe you can add specific icons/photos with links to contacts directly to the start menu, but in terms of getting to your contacts you can just start typing the letters of their name using the hardware keyboard at the home screen and it will bring up matching contacts, filtering the list as you go. And of course voice command can be used to dial contacts by name.