PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

v.bhasin1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
freezes on startup

I turn on my phone (it only turns on when connected to the charger otherwise no) and after it has the wait cursor on the windows screen it freezes. It has like a 5 minute delayed reaction to buttons I press and the keyboard backlight does not respond until then later. Also it will not connect to activesync when I connect it to my computer and takes about 10 minutes to connect to Sprint's network. If I leave it idle for 20 minutes hoping it will work the problem out however if I do then it does not turn on unless I reput the charger in. Soft Resets have not resolved the problem. Please advise me on a hard reset, what is the enter/settings key. It is hard to do a hard reset because the phone is not responding to my presses on the power key. Help!!!!
Should I just take it back because it is relatively new?
They might make me pay the stupid $50 deductible so I'm reluctant

P.S. I hate the placement of the Intrepid's powerkey as other have stated (cause it does not function all the time), is there anyway to make the endcall key the power key;so it responds better
Old 01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

kporter1500 is a n00b
Re: freezes on startup

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.bhasin1 View Post
I turn on my phone (it only turns on when connected to the charger otherwise no) and after it has the wait cursor on the windows screen it freezes. It has like a 5 minute delayed reaction to buttons I press and the keyboard backlight does not respond until then later. Also it will not connect to activesync when I connect it to my computer and takes about 10 minutes to connect to Sprint's network. If I leave it idle for 20 minutes hoping it will work the problem out however if I do then it does not turn on unless I reput the charger in. Soft Resets have not resolved the problem. Please advise me on a hard reset, what is the enter/settings key. It is hard to do a hard reset because the phone is not responding to my presses on the power key. Help!!!!
Should I just take it back because it is relatively new?
They might make me pay the stupid $50 deductible so I'm reluctant

P.S. I hate the placement of the Intrepid's powerkey as other have stated (cause it does not function all the time), is there anyway to make the endcall key the power key;so it responds better
Well for the deductible part, Sprint wont make you pay a deductible unless it's lost, stolen, or liquid damage if you have insurance. With the insurance they will replace it if none of the three that I mentioned happened to it. It sounds like you should probably get that bad boy replaced unless somebody else can help you on here. I would take it back if I were you and make them replace it unless there was some kind of water damage done to it.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

v.bhasin1 is a n00b
Re: freezes on startup

Thanks I am going to get it replaced; there is no water damage so it should be good with the store
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid