PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung intrepid
Carrier: sprint

danadaisys is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why cant I get the battery status indicator to show?

I just got my Intrepid (was a long time BB user - but it got horrific service in my home) and Im still getting used to the transition.

My one major issue is - I never know how much battery power I have left unless I go into my "Today" folder and check the battery status manually.

Is there a way to have the icon/indicator show on my screen next to my clock?

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Re: Why cant I get the battery status indicator to show?

I'm a big fan of a program called batti. You can find it on here, I think. It's an old program but works wonderfully on the Intrepid (and every other WM device I've ever used). I configure mine to show a 2 pixel high bar all the way across the top of the screen (you can't set it at 1px or it disappears for some reason). The bar gets shorter as you use up your battery, and it takes no meaningful screen real estate.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

danadaisys is a n00b

So are you saying that there is no way to set the phone to show the battery status? If so, thats pretty crappy. And would be my only complaint with the Intrepid, so far.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

That's windows mobile for you.

You can turn on the battery indicator (at the expense of the clock) by going into start-settings-clocks and alarms - More, and uncheck "show clock in title bar in all applications".

Since this is a long-standing WM issue (not unique to the Intrepid) you might broaden your search to other device forums to see what solutions people have come up with over the years. There may in fact be ways to enable both by editing the registry. I like batti so I've never bothered to look for another solution.

And I have to say, if that's your only complaint with the Intrepid so far, you've got to use your phone some more! (joking)
Old 11-22-2009, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work

I've never touched any of that, and I get the battery status instead of the clock. Isn't that the default setting? Ideally, I'd have the whole bar look like the one s2u2 uses for all screens. It's a lot smaller and cleaner looking. I mean who needs the start button on screen when you have a hard button right where your thumb sits.

Last edited by 1sae; 12-19-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Lurker

pfries911 is a n00b

If you customize the today screen windows>settings>today>Items then tap on the date on the today screen and uncheck display the clock on the title bar your battery indicator will bee in the title bar and the clock will show to the left of date
Old 12-19-2009, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

kporter1500 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by danadaisys View Post
So are you saying that there is no way to set the phone to show the battery status? If so, thats pretty crappy. And would be my only complaint with the Intrepid, so far.
I dont like it either. I feel as though it should show the battery status and the clock. I turned the battery status on because I have the clock on the home screen. But yeah it sucks... A LOT!!!!
Old 12-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfries911 View Post
If you customize the today screen windows>settings>today>Items then tap on the date on the today screen and uncheck display the clock on the title bar your battery indicator will bee in the title bar and the clock will show to the left of date
That only works for people that turn off the WM6.5 today screen, I believe. And it also gives you a 2-line date display, which on this tiny screen is a loss of precious vertical space.

Just get batti.exe...problem solved.

http://code.google.com/p/batti/

I confess I'm using a very old version of Batti (1.3 or something)...haven't updated to the latest version (2.4) since the older version seems to work fine.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Intrepid

jp0213x is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kporter1500 View Post
I dont like it either. I feel as though it should show the battery status and the clock. I turned the battery status on because I have the clock on the home screen. But yeah it sucks... A LOT!!!!
You should install SPB mobile shell software, make the phone more customizable. It run great on top of window, its real snappy.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid