PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So Weird Guys...

So at some point this morning i stopped being able to install any .cab whatsoever on my intrepid. Some background info: just hard reset phone 3 days ago, software installed included: skyfire, opera 10b2, htc mp3trimmer, googlemaps 3.1.1? bing, home customizer, myspace app, facebook app, pockettwit.

Hard Reset fixed it...
Old 12-17-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work
Re: So Weird Guys...

Weird. Of those I use Skyfire, Google Maps, and the Facebook app with no problems like you have. I used to use Opera 10 which initially worked great, but after a few days, it wouldn't load properly and I'd have to soft reset to get the phone working correctly. I'd look at the running processes and it would be in there.

Wish I could just end processes without an external app! Unfortunately dotFred's task manager would lock as well.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

That's odd. What happened when you would try to install a cab? Error message? Nothing at all? Personally I avoid anything like customizers - I just don't really trust them since they're usually built for HTC phones and who knows what havoc will be wreaked on the Intrepid. That's really the only one I would imagine could cause an issue - all the others are sort of standard apps.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Boost Mobile

jac1599 is just getting started

I've had Home Customizer (from the marketplace) on my phone since day 1. The only problem I've had with it was with the Apps Panel causing a TARecordexecution crash. The developer knows of the issue, his fix if you are using the apps panel and experiecing the error, uninstall the customizer, reset device, reinstall app, and don't use the apps panel.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

SComp23 is keeping up the good workSComp23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1599 View Post
I've had Home Customizer (from the marketplace) on my phone since day 1. The only problem I've had with it was with the Apps Panel causing a TARecordexecution crash. The developer knows of the issue, his fix if you are using the apps panel and experiecing the error, uninstall the customizer, reset device, reinstall app, and don't use the apps panel.
I'm thinking about getting that myself. I love Titanium and am used to it, but SPB Shell has been incredible during this trial period, so I'm going to have to make some decisions here soon.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Intrepid

Perry Gonzalez is a n00b

SPB MobileShell 3, especially with it's widgets customisability, AND the added PowerToys, CitiesDB and ShellExtension, makes using the Intrepid a wonderful experience.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

I had this happen to me. In my case it was caused by an application that needs a soft reset but doesn't have the commands to initiate one.

For example, I installed Resco Explorer. It installs but doesn't prompt for a reset. However, afterwards, any cabs I try to install, it just says "you have successfully installed Resco Explorer."

A soft reset fixed it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid