PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: sprint

nutrapi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Typing laggish sometimes

My intrepid seems to want ignore when I hit the space button quite often, as well as just generally lagging. I know I'm not the only fast intrepid typist out there, anyone else have these issues?
I've actually made sure I was hitting the button already, to the point that I can hear myself click it:
"andt he textw ill still sometimese nd up liket his."
It's generally not that bad anymore, because I've slowed myself down - it's just annoying. On my htc, and my palm centro, I was able to type as fast as my fingers would let me - and now I feel slowed down by the samsung.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Typing laggish sometimes

yes txt is laggy sometimes. I thought i escaped this when i ditched my touch pro! have you tried turning off all t9 and suggest word options?
Old 12-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

LOL ^^^ so true about the TP.

Do you have a lot of applications open? My intrepid is always slower than me, though I'm slower than molasses...still I don't lose characters. I do notice that the letters rarely appear on screen quite as fast as I type them. For example, I opened a test message and typed "How many words per minute are you..." and I watched the screen. No letters got dropped, but I had "How many words per minute " on-screen as I hit the "y" and suddenly the word "are" appeared as if I had hit all three keys a millisecond before.

I suspect something is chewing your CPU cycles if you're dropping characters - that's never happened to me on this phone. But maybe you're just lightning fast. You're not a teenager are you (that's a compliment to how fast I've seen teenagers thumb-type)?

And yes, as raiderfan said, turning off autocomplete usually helps in a big way.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

SComp23 is keeping up the good workSComp23 is keeping up the good work

Turn off autocomplete, delete texts.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jpruett79 is a n00b

I had alot of problems with my treo pro missing caracters but not this intrepid at all. as for the lag.as the others said try turing off the auto complete. i had that problem and turning off auto complete fixed it.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nutrapi is a n00b

autocomplete/suggest is fully off and texts can be fully cleared and I'll still get the words to "comeo ut liket his" if I start typing too fast for the phone. I thought maybe I was just effing up, but no, I can hear and see my button presses, and they're all happening correctly.

At least it's not like my old 'mogul' and doing something "likeeeeeeee thissssss" when the device has been on for more than one minute.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:18 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nutrapi is a n00b

I know my hopes are a little high...but I just figured since it was 2009, nearly 2010, the people designing and coding these things would've fixed something like...keyboard input?

Hoop dreams.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

WitnessX is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrapi View Post
autocomplete/suggest is fully off and texts can be fully cleared and I'll still get the words to "comeo ut liket his" if I start typing too fast for the phone. I thought maybe I was just effing up, but no, I can hear and see my button presses, and they're all happening correctly.

At least it's not like my old 'mogul' and doing something "likeeeeeeee thissssss" when the device has been on for more than one minute.
LOL. That's exactly what my second hand Mogul did. Funny thing tho is that my first Mogul didn't have that problem at all. I figured it was a defect. My first Mogul's screen started to act wonky after 2+ years of use (waiting for the TP2). I bought the Mogul when it first came out, and inherited my friend's old Mogul which she bought about a year after me.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid