PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Intrepid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   sometimes person cannot hear me until i restart phone??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101426)

tedtlogan 12-12-2009 02:06 PM

sometimes person cannot hear me until i restart phone???

Am I the only one having this issue? Occasionally, just once a week or once every other week, seemingly after lots of data usage or something, when i call someone or someone calls me, they cannot hear me at all. even if i call them back, same thing. no one can hear me till i reset the phone(soft reset), then it works fine again.

this makes me think its a software, not hardware issue, but just curious if anyone else had thoughts

ps2duke 12-13-2009 02:19 PM

Re: sometimes person cannot hear me until i restart phone???

+1 on that. Has happened at least twice to me, no idea why.

mkashman 12-14-2009 01:14 AM

Yes, and drives me crazy. Seems to be a software thing as it fixes itself after soft reset, however have troubleshooted all the way back through a hard reset (twice) and issue still arises. Gonna swing into Sprint next day or two and see what they say. Mucho frustrating. Forget that these smartphones do the data thing pretty well, but that ol' calling/phone thing ...

tedtlogan 12-14-2009 03:07 AM

I feel better, no offense:) Mainly because it seems to not be a defective phone, apparently.

It seems tied to a lot of application/data usage beforehand?

canestim 12-14-2009 10:14 AM

Yes, it has happened to me 2 times this week. Very frustrating...

jac1599 12-14-2009 12:48 PM

This hasn't happened to me yet, but do you guys think that it has anything to do with being connected to "Sprint Data" instead of "Sprint"?

If you check your Wireless Manager under phone after data use it will say "Sprint Data" instead of "On".

I wonder if maybe the phone stays stuck in Data mode and can't fully function as a phone. Instead of resetting, try holding the end key for a couple seconds to turn the phone off and then turn the phone back on by holding the end key for a couple more seconds. This should connect you back to "Sprint" and your wireless manager should just say "On" under phone.

It might help, might not...but it might help us narrow down the cause of the problem.

nutrapi 12-17-2009 01:58 PM

We should really start posting all these issues to the sprint customer forums and such, and hope that maybe with enough bitching we'll get a new ROM.
I've found that mine is tied to using Bing with GPS, and then getting a call while I'm performing a function in the app, or even sometimes just getting a call while the application has been opened, then I'll close the app, and try to make a call and I'll be transmitting no voice to the caller.

TalliWackr 12-20-2009 03:34 AM

I had one call through google voice without voice, but worked when I called back regular.. so no soft reset required. Don't know if it was the same bug or not.