PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Intrepid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   problems sending pic MMS?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100691)

kporter1500 12-08-2009 08:29 AM

problems sending pic MMS??

I've had my Intrepid for a few weeks now and I am having problems sending pics with MMS and downloading incoming pic MMS messages. I've had this problem ever since I got it. It's really weird because after I restart the phone, it has no problem sending MMS and downloading MMS. But after that, I could randomly send a pic MMS at anytime of the day and I get the error msg "Dialed: #777 no modem at above number. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap Settings." And it's crazy but the internet works fine. I tried to play around with the settings myself and I even took it into the Sprint store and it's still not fixed. Is anybody having this same problem??? What can I do???

1sae 12-08-2009 05:20 PM

Re: problems sending pic MMS??

Did you change your connection settings under the "My ISP" settings? It should be at "Sprint Data". Sprint APN, Phone as Modem, and Auto Pick cause problems. Think it's a bug. I used to have it at Auto Pick, and I could not download my MMS images.

kporter1500 12-09-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sae (Post 1397077)
Did you change your connection settings under the "My ISP" settings? It should be at "Sprint Data". Sprint APN, Phone as Modem, and Auto Pick cause problems. Think it's a bug. I used to have it at Auto Pick, and I could not download my MMS images.

Yea see Sprint changed it to auto-pick....but I think once before I changed the setting to each of them just to see which one it would work under...none of them worked...but I will give it another try and let you know....Thanks a lot!!!!

ohso313 12-09-2009 01:52 PM

I changed my to sprint data and then but it wouldnt connect. And so I powered it off and then back on and it still is set to phone modem. How do I get it to go to Sprint data, connect and stay there???

kporter1500 12-10-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sae (Post 1397077)

Everything seems to be working fine now...I've had the worst experience with the Sprint technicians here...they dont know what they're doing!!!! Thanks a lot!!!!!

kporter1500 12-10-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohso313 (Post 1399386)
I changed my to sprint data and then but it wouldnt connect. And so I powered it off and then back on and it still is set to phone modem. How do I get it to go to Sprint data, connect and stay there???

When I changed mine...I went through settings, hit connections, select the "advanced" tab at the bottom, hit "select networks," and then you should come to "Network Management," "My ISP" should be lit up and you want to hit "edit" and change it to "Sprint Data." Try to power it down after that and it should stay. It worked fine for me.

Perry Gonzalez 12-12-2009 05:23 AM

Thank you kporter1500 for your help.

Wuss912 08-31-2010 02:11 PM

i think the MMS app and the data connection need to be configured to use the same connection.