PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Intrepid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Roam Only (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100344)

mtilson 12-06-2009 11:17 AM

Roam Only

1 Attachment(s)
Any ideas on how to add the "Roam Only" option to the phone settings? I've tried installing the attached "Sprint Force Roaming" cab, but it doesn't seem to work on the Intrepid. Thanks

RCbeta 01-17-2010 01:14 PM

Re: Roam Only

Same thing here .. I have tried the fixes - but they do not work.

The suggestions to make entries into Registry do not work. The OEM string does not even exist ... so it does nothing.

I have also searched registry for "Sprint Only" and "Automatic" ... or whatever the existing options are within the menu option of WM 6.5 and they do not show up in any relationship to the phone settings.

This is a limitation for me as I live in a location where the roaming signal is much stronger than the Sprint Signal (I have sprint for US travel, etc.).

Suggestions would be great ... as on the Intrepid the existing fixes do not work.

Thanks

Randy

timh30 03-07-2010 01:17 AM

Anybody have a fix for this yet? Roam only setting for Samsung Intrepid...

We need a registry setting other than the one used for HTC devices. The problem isn't Windows Mobile 6.5 because the cab above worked on a friends HTC Touch Pro2. I think the registry setting is under Samsung instead of OEM in the HKLM keys, but it's not easy to find.

Does anyone know if the Sprint ACE had a registry tweak posted for a roam only option? That's likely the same registry setting we need.

I have same problem- weak but barely existing Sprint Signal in my home. Usually its just enough to make sure each & every call drops dead in the middle.

haus 03-07-2010 11:18 AM

I set roaming to Automatic, exported the registry, and then set roaming to Sprint Only and exported the registry again. Did a compare on the two registry files and there is nothing obvious (with the words "roaming" or "sprint" in it) that had changed.

*stumped*

timh30 03-21-2010 10:22 PM

I believe they hid these settings under Samsung using HEXADECIMAL CODE. So I'm trying to use a Hex Edit tool to find "automatic" and "sprint" in the registry.

"automatic" looks like this in HEX - 61 75 74 6F 6D 61 74 69 63
"sprint" looks like this in HEX - 73 70 72 69 6E 74

Then I think there should be a way to add a third setting for "Roam Only" in HEX using the example of what worked on the HTC phones under OEM.

Anybody agree/disagree with the logic here? Also, I'm not totally sure how to copy the registry to my PC so I can search it.

Haus, can you tell me which program you're using to do exports from the phone?
I think you're using regedit on the PC side, then edit > find to search and compare.

haus 03-22-2010 10:47 AM

I use Resco Registry to export the registry from the phone (just HKCU and HKLM usually, that's where the goodies are) and CeRegEditor to do searches and comparisons of the files on the PC.

Also don't forget to search for "Sprint" (capital S = %53) and so forth.

Good luck!