PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Lurker

lynnhamm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lynnhamm Send a message via MSN to lynnhamm
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
all I can say is WOW! I absolutely love it
Hi I recevied my today so far I love it.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: I760, I WANT MY 6700 BACK!!
Carrier: Verizon

_JaCE is a n00b
This phone looked pretty for about 5 mins. My company has just switched us "about 65 employees" from 6700 to the i670. worked great for a little bit and in the past week each and every one of us are having issues with dropped calls, missed calls without the phone ringing and other random issues. I would like to say thank you to VerizonGuy for the USBModem. Final word, do not buy this phone! stick with a HTC they may have their issues but are a hell of a lot better than this POS.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue and HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Att and Verizon Wireless

Gardein is a n00b
Switched back to my HTC..

I tried out a i760 for about two weeks and returned it..

The external keypad was nice but only useful if you dial with your left hand or with two hands. I also did not like how the keyboard slide-out felt very wobbly.

On a positive note I did get both Internet Sharing and usb modem functionality added to the device with no hassle by "standing on the shoulders of giants" and pulling some easy to apply cabs from here and the xda-developers site. The internet sharing worked well through usb, bluetooth, and also worked with the ad-hoc wifi router setup detailed here and at xda-developers.

I also loaded up a great Cube gui using SCLPF 1-62, flashlite 2.1, and FTouchFlo 1.4.1. The wobbly keyboard slide on the i760 made it difficult to get good swipe gestures one-handed but it did look pretty nice..

The proprietary connector was the show-stopper for me. With the pile of mini-usb chargers and cables I have, the connector on the Samsung is unacceptable. I neglected to put the Samsung cables in my bag and was out on the job for over 18 hours. The i760 didn't come close to making it even with the 1500 mAh battery. I know I could buy another set of cables and leave them in my bag but I would rather not add to the tangle of cables I already have just to throw them out when I get my next phone. With the mini-usb connector on the HTC models and a 3200 mAh battery I have never been without power on my 6700 and I can carry one cable and charger set which will support my GPS, phone, and headset at home, at the office, or in my car.

Thanks to all the guys/gals who work on the hacks that make these devices so much more useful!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:47 PM
Lurker

djg08642 is a n00b
I received my i760 today and called VZW to get the 6800 before it even finished charging. I upgraded from the 6700 and just can't get used to the position of all the buttons. It's not even something I know I'd deal with and be able to get used to because there's just so many of them and like almost every reviewer has said before, the Send/End keys are in a horrible spot: Right where I held my 6700 when I was dialing/stylus-ing/talking etc. I can't do anything without hitting the buttons.

With that biased comment said, I'll admit I was having second thoughts the second the 6800 updated ROM came out and planned on exchanging for the 6800 anyway.

I like the design of the i760 and the overall vision for it but the button placement was a poor choice.

Nice try, Samsung.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Lurker

SkiOne is a n00b
I just got mine and I am having a problem with it saving the password for internet
Old 04-09-2008, 12:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

darthtater1968 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to darthtater1968
Re: Got mine 10/29/2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgetik View Post
Coming from a XV6700, I must say this PPC is much better in person! The feel is great. It feels very sturdy and the front dial pad is a nice addition. I think I am going to keep it. I was able to load up all of my favorite programs and mods that I had on my XV6700. The only minor problems are the Multiple Bluetooth connection issues, the squishy screen and the fact that I had to hard reset it after I had all of my progs loaded because I wasn't able to receive MMS. I re-installed everything and it has been working great for the past 2 weeks.
Could you possibly tell me where you found those cabs that work...Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760