PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 02:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

JK07 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've got mine last week. First, I liked the speed in compare to the xv6700, I like the dialpad on the front, and the quick way of dialing. BUT I can't take the bug of the Bluetooth (you can't connect multiple handfree without switching manually between them). I'm gonna return it to VZW too...
Old 11-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Lurker

jkennington is a n00b
I am with VerizonGuy and the others...

I received the phone two days ago as a trial and although the form-factor is very nice the functionality doesn't back it up. A couple other things that I have noticed besides what VG noted:

1. The screen has a weird effects when you touch the screen, like you are pressing a LCD screen hard even under a light touch.

2. The screen does not light up automatically when you get a txt message. So if you have a short tone and miss it you wont know even if you are looking at the phone.

3. In the notification screen it has the option for txt to blink a light but I don't know what light this is referring to. The one by the ear piece only shows anything when you are charging or bluetooth is on.

Even with these things I love the dialpad on the front of the device, especially keeping it this small, but unfortunately I think I am going to wait around for the 6800.

JK
Old 11-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Lurker

brak is a n00b
voIP

I purchased a i760 in Verizon store over the weekend. I like it. I have been using a 700p. I added the terminal services back to it. Then started working on restoring Internet Calling. I seem to have hit a wall here. Verizonguy do you think this is going to require a new ROM. The files that are required are missing. Could they just be copied from another devise that has the missing voIP files? I found one forum that showed how to edit an xml file to match your SIP provider, and account info.

WiFi and Terminal services are cool for a Palm guy, but the real deal would be in Internet Calling from you cell phone. I am surprised that no one else has posted about this.

Any ideas?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Lurker

lucideye is a n00b
got mine today.

Really like it.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

mmbhm is a n00b
Got mine on 11/2. really on the fence about it. Yes, the front dial pad is cool, but sound quality is a bit tin-cannish. def faster than the 6700, but, signal strength is weaker than on my 6700 with 1.43 radio. Can't program any button to turn on the backlight. 1.3mp camera a disappointment altho better than the 6700. and no cool cases available yet. Not as many apps available because of the popularity of the HTC devices. and vzwguy says no custom ROMs??? Argh! Still waaaaiiiittttinnnngggg for the 6800. Planning on hitting the local sprint store to play with the 6800 and the touch/vogue. Great way to avoid writing the thesis.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Lurker

fuzzylogic_y2k is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to fuzzylogic_y2k
Unhappy Just got mine, Issues....

Right out of the box, on initial programming. Screen goes white. The phone still works, you just cant see the screen as it is completly white! I Have to hit the power button off and on then I can see again... (not a good piece of equipment to give your boss....)
It would do this randomly but it seemed to be more common in the dialing screen or when hitting send.

On the topic of hitting Send, it takes some getting used to, as you are just as likely to open the Keyboard as to dial a call.

Verizon is sending a replacement...

I am hopefull as I have not seen any other reports of this from you guys!
Old 11-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6700

oldmuttonhead is a n00b
Just took back a 6700 and got the i760. My wife has had one for a couple of weeks and I've been jealous. So far, I really like it!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Rhinehold is a n00b
Got mine

Got mine last week, have been using it for over a week now and I prefer it to my 6700. The hard number pad on the front is a big selling point for me, the sliding problem others mention with the send button is easily dealt with, IMO. The only thing I don't like is not being able to charge while connected to USB, but with it coming with two batteries (standard and extended) and a car charger I don't really find myself without power very often.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started
Got mine 11/2, then went on a 6-day business trip. I love it!

Prior devices were 6700 (with verizonguy's latest WM6) and Treo 700.

Other than the squishy screen, I have hit none of the roadblocks others have noticed.

So far, so good.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG i-760

ASSIDUOUS1 is a n00b
I got mine Nov.06,2007. It seems almost exactly the same as my i-730, except for it slimmer design. It seems like the i-730 had more soft function and capabilty. Does anyone know if there is a dedicated button for record funtion on note pad for recording incoming phone call, or is thereh only the red record dot which you have to tap with your stylus. Have a good day!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760