PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

GOSSIMER2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
getting messages

I hope some one can help, my i-760 wont notify me when I get a txt or a mms. When the phone is at rest it will not make a sound( it will ring when i get a call). When i open the phone or hit the button to wake it up it will alert me. thanks mike
Old 08-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sch-i760

ctsailor860 is a n00b
Re: getting messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOSSIMER2 View Post
I hope some one can help, my i-760 wont notify me when I get a txt or a mms. When the phone is at rest it will not make a sound( it will ring when i get a call). When i open the phone or hit the button to wake it up it will alert me. thanks mike
You didn't mention what settings you have working, so this may be a review. First, Hit Start, then select settings. Next, select the Personal tab, then Sounds and Norifications. Enable sounds for Events if desired, then both Programs and Notifications checkboxes need to be checked. Under the Notifications tab, you'll see a dropdown box, where you can select the event, then the type of noise you want it to make. If this doesn't work, best to call tech support, and tell the nice live body that you need help with your smartphone/PDA.

Good luck!!

VZW Tech/i760 owner
Old 08-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

GOSSIMER2 is a n00b
Re: getting messages

Thanks for the reply, all of the rite boxes are checked. I think the problem is the phone does not like custom ring tones. When i pick a stock ringer it works fine. When i change it back to a custom one it only works for a couple of days. The guy at the store said he would get me a new one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760