PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 01:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

darthtater1968 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to darthtater1968
*UNCONFIRMED* Software update

Hey all,

*THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED, THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD BY A TECH TONIGHT*

I was speaking to a VZW Tech tonight concerning issues that I have been having with my 760 and asked about future updates for the phone and although he said that he was not sure about 6.1, the Tech did say that they have released another update that was suppose to address some other issues.

The Tech said that it should be posted on the support page on the VZW website within a few days. I checked and have not seen it yet, but if anyone else can find it, let us know.

Thanks.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:15 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

darthtater1968 is a n00b
Re: *UNCONFIRMED* Software update

OK. I just got off the phone with the tech at VZW, and there wasnt too much they could do to help me with the Txt. problems, but I did get as far as to get the name of the new update that they were suppose to release.

Its simply called BC04 The update was released April 1st 2008 and was suppose to address a couple of issues, but focused on the wifi.

For anyone that is interested, I hope that helps.

I tried to Google the BC04 and all it is showing is a chipset

Chipset CSR BC04 Audio ROM so maybe its a update for that specific chipset. If anyone else gets there hands on the update, I would be grateful to know where you got it from.

Thanks

TM
Old 06-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing

It is coming. I have seen internal notes on the SW update for the i760. Also in the works is and update for the XV6800/XV6900. As well as the i770 which is a new global samsung windows mobile device...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 06-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Lurker

darster is a n00b

Just curious how this will affect software that I have downloaded already. I have some SPB software, and looking at their forum, there seems to be a lot of problems with 6.1 and their programs, especially Backup and Pocket Plus. I assume this will not be an automatic update through Verizon, instead something that must be manually done.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:02 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

It will be manual. Verizon does not have any ota firmware upgrade capable smartphones or pocket pc's.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

darthtater1968 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanracing View Post
It is coming. I have seen internal notes on the SW update for the i760. Also in the works is and update for the XV6800/XV6900. As well as the i770 which is a new global samsung windows mobile device...
Thanks for the update.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760