PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung sch-i760
Carrier: verizon

robdog289 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can't send or receive mms (pic messages)

i760. recently turned off internet service on my phone, I only use the wiFi, so why pay. Cannot send or receive picture messages.
Any thoughts. I hard reset my phone and still won't work, it just says message failed, try again?
Old 04-29-2008, 05:24 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: can't send or receive mms (pic messages)

You cannot send or receive mms over wifi. If you are on a Nationwide calling plan NOT AMERICAS'S CHOICE and have pay as you go data not total data block you will not be charged the kb transmission of mms data over vzw network but mms charges will be per your text plan. If this wont work for you email your pics over wifi.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Verizon

ccphotoart is a n00b

I was told by Verizon that I would not be able to send or recieve picture MMS because I shut off the internet wireless service. I too just use the WiFi. I can still send & recieve MMS to my cell number but I have to retrieve the pictures through the Verizon wireless Pix site. https://picture.vzw.com If anyone finds another way I would be interested in trying.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Lurker

wmscottmc is a n00b

You cannot send/recv pix messages if you do not have a data plan.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i760

Anon51 is a n00b

Actually i had the same issue when i first got my i760. i returned the phone and got a new one with the same issue. then i spoke to a verizon tech friend of mine and he fixed it. he added a broadband type access to my phone with #777 for mms messages. go to connections and add new.

Login: yourphonenumber@vzw3g.com

Password: vzw

Should fix the problem.

i do however have unlimited txt and pic messaging. so that might affect your bill somehow if you don't.

Last edited by Anon51; 05-11-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i760

mgerlach310 is a n00b

I am having the same issue. I tried putting in vzw for the password but still no go. Since my name is not on my account, they wouldn't help me anymore outside of that. Wouldnt even tell me if there was a data block on it.

When I ordered the phone we had to get EVDO, and then upon receiving I cancelled the plan. THey probably blocked it all.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Lurker

nuneztt is a n00b

So , anyone have a fix? Is there any way to receive or send picture text ? Any software updates? I am new to this. I have the I730.

Mike
Old 05-16-2008, 10:51 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

To get it to work on the i730 which is a non camera phone (hence no arcsoft installed) you would have to install an arcsoft cab for vzw search here on ppcgeeks and have an active data plan.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Lurker

nuneztt is a n00b

I have version 4.21.1088 installed. What arcsoft cad can I install. As you can tell, I am new to this.

TIA,
Mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760