PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Lurker

itzdiceman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Active Sync via Bluetooth

For the life of me I can't get this to work. I have read guide after guide and searched google relentlessly.

My phone: obviously the 760
My computer: IBM Thinkpad T42

I have turned BT (device) on and set it to visible. IBM has their own bluetooth business, so I have to use theirs. They have whats called My Bluetooth Places. I can open it, see applications available, and even browse through my phones files. As well as transfer files. So I KNOW BT is working and it knows my PC.

BT Settings-> Devices: I can see my computer listed
BT Settings->COM Ports: I have a com port to my computer on COM8. However, when I try to make a New Outgoing Port, I select my computer, hit next and it only lists Ports: 2, 4, 6, and 8. WTF. So I select 8.

On my PC:
Start->Settings->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->Ports:
This lists two "Bluetooth Communications Port" one for COM5 and one fr COM9.

Every guide I've ever read says to use the same COM port. So how am I supposed to do that if my computer (Device Manager, as well as ActiveSync) only shows me 5 and 9, while my i760 only shows me 2,4,6, and 8.

Help please?
Old 03-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

ShadowGod is a n00b
Re: Active Sync via Bluetooth

I have the same problem, although with a different phone (HTC Mogul). I could never get the phone, the pc, and Activesync to agree on what com port to use so I just gave up on it. This is the first time I've dealt with bluetooth and I can now say what a horrible and archaic technology. When is the last time you had to worry about COM port conflicts? The early 90s? Unreal. We need something like wireless usb to replace it.

-SG
Old 03-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung i760

Richieda is a n00b

under the active sync app - have you tried choosing SYNC VIA BLUETOOTH?
Old 03-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

itzdiceman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richieda View Post
under the active sync app - have you tried choosing SYNC VIA BLUETOOTH?
You created an account just to post that?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung i760

Richieda is a n00b

My apologies for trying to be helpful and repay some of the advice I've received over the years. I can see this board isn't very active anyway - I'll kindly remove myself.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Sprint tocuh
Carrier: Sprint

sldavis is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzdiceman View Post
For the life of me I can't get this to work. I have read guide after guide and searched google relentlessly.

My phone: obviously the 760
My computer: IBM Thinkpad T42

I have turned BT (device) on and set it to visible. IBM has their own bluetooth business, so I have to use theirs. They have whats called My Bluetooth Places. I can open it, see applications available, and even browse through my phones files. As well as transfer files. So I KNOW BT is working and it knows my PC.

BT Settings-> Devices: I can see my computer listed
BT Settings->COM Ports: I have a com port to my computer on COM8. However, when I try to make a New Outgoing Port, I select my computer, hit next and it only lists Ports: 2, 4, 6, and 8. WTF. So I select 8.

On my PC:
Start->Settings->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->Ports:
This lists two "Bluetooth Communications Port" one for COM5 and one fr COM9.

Every guide I've ever read says to use the same COM port. So how am I supposed to do that if my computer (Device Manager, as well as ActiveSync) only shows me 5 and 9, while my i760 only shows me 2,4,6, and 8.

Help please?
I Had this same thing happen to me on both my old xp machine and my vista machine and with 2 htc phone this may be a stooped question but did you use the windows help directions? thats how i got mine to work. the directions are kind of hard to fallow and to took me reading through it 3 or 4 times it actually helps I tried to right a walk through but I don't remember enough to be helpful

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760