PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2008, 01:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Newbie Question

Just picked up the i760 in place of my Treo 700w (yes, a "w" with no RAM). Needless to say this device is a VAST improvement, and is the difference between running a Pentium II vs C2Duo in my opinion.

On the 700w you could hold down the OK button and it would bring up the Running Programs menu with memory used, and what was on the storage card, etc. I know the i760 has the same menu in Settings called "Memory". But I cannot assign a button to that, and the Running Tasks program does not tell you how much memory is bring used. Is there a way to do this on the i760?

Thanks,

cmajewsk
Old 01-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SCH-i760 and Treo 700w
Carrier: Verizon

quantumparticle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I too have come from the Treo 700w. As far as your question goes, unfortunately I have not found a way to map a button to the memory settings as you describe. However I am running a tool called "PeraStats" on my today screen to tell me the memory used. I use MagicButton to tell me what apps are open so I can close them out. Also check out the program called PocketToolman for quick access to various settings including the Memory screen.

While I agree the SCH-i760 is a vast improvement coming from the Treo 700w, I sometimes miss the one handed functionality and some of the tweaks Palm made for the OS. I'm about 9 days into my use of this phone. I am still torn between keeping it and exchanging it for the vx6800. This is a slick little device, but its got some quirks that really annoy me at times. I donno what I'm going to end up doing.

Goodluck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760