PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 05:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
Changing Bootscreens

One of the things you'll first notice when you receive your shiny new i760 is that when you power it one, you'll first see an animated boot screen with Verizon's logo (copy attached to this post) followed by a Windows Mobile 6 boot screen.

As with the i730, you can change these boot screens by replacing them with your own png and gif files. To change the WM6 screen, simply do the following:
  1. Find picture you like.
  2. Reduce the size to 240x320 pixels.
  3. Convert the picture to a .png file.
  4. Rename the picture welcomehead.96.png.
  5. Copy the renamed picture to somewhere on your i760 where you can find.
  6. Using Total Commander (a freeware replacement for File Explorer), move your picture to the Windows directory. When asked whether you want to replace the existing file with the same name .(welcomehead.96.png), say "Yes."
  7. Soft reset your i760 and you should see your picture.
To replace the animated Verizon logo, follow the same steps as above with the following exceptions:
  1. Create an animated .gif file rather than a .png file.
  2. Name the file VerizonStartUpAni.gif.
I've already replaced my WM6 boot screen. I haven't tried replacing the Verizon screen yet because I don't have an animated gif to try. However, I'm pretty confident you should be able to replace the animated VZW logo the same way as you can replace the static WM6 picture.

NOTE: To replace the existing boot screens, you must use Total Commander or a similar replacement of File Explorer to move the the files. You will not be able to move the files straight from Windows to your i760, nor will you be able to use File Explorer to move them.

_

I have two Verizon logo's.. How do I replace both of them and the shut down screen? I'm not that interested in changing the WM 6.1 Screen...

I had no problem changing the white VerizonStartUpAni.gif, now I just wanna get rid of the shutdown logo and the blue verizon start screen.. LoL

It goes Samsung > Blue Verizon Screen > My Screen (Or) VerizonStartUpAni.gif > WM 6.1 Screen : Logged On... Then it's that same White Verizon Screen when I shutdown, just not animated I don't think..

Any help would be greatly apprecitaed...

Thanks

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 01-19-2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless
Threadstarter

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
Re: Changing Bootscreens

Basically I've succsessfully changed stuff, I'm trying to just identify the blue verizon image.. The second screen in a series of the 4 that load 1st. Samsung image, 2nd: Blue Verizon image(Trying to change it), 3rd: White Animated Verizon image(I can successfully change that) and 4th: The WinMo 6.1 image(Which I can also successfully change) and 5th so to speak: The unanimated White Verizon image at shutdown.. I can't find the 2nd and 5th images, or don't know the names of them either..

Thats what I'm trying to get done, if I knew the names of those 2 images I could successfully do it all...

If I could find a Verizon Samsung i760 Rom Dump I could then explore it and successfully find the 2 images..

-

I found this but it's download link at rapidshare is dead:
Code:
 http://www.filestube.com/cf0b0b5093c0a5ea03e9,g/i760-Dumped-and-Packaged.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760