PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung i760 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Theaded SMS Fix (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10428)

ewentworth 10-25-2007 12:09 PM

Theaded SMS Fix

EDIT: I should clarify, when you install threaded sms, it breaks MMS recieve capability, this fixes it.

Took me awhile, but I figured it out....

Here is the fix for the i760:

1. Install threaded SMS (cody WM6 version) normally. Link Removed by Moderator
2. Delete the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\PushRouter\Registratio ns\PC10
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Palm\Varnish\Messaging \MMS

3. Change the following registry key to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\PushRouter\Registratio ns\ByCTAndAppId\application/vnd.wap.mms-message\Default

80409F46E414C801

Make sure threaded SMS & MMS are not running and soft reboot afterward. The only issue I've had is when I receive a MMS, the notification appears (today screen notification) on both MMS & threaded SMS, which is annoying more than anything. Functionally, it works perfectly.

Pibe38 10-25-2007 04:33 PM

I had to remove your link to the application. Palm has asked the admin of the site not to link to it in any way or form since it is their intellectual property.

Thanks for understanding.

Knether 10-25-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewentworth (Post 106761)
EDIT: I should clarify, when you install threaded sms, it breaks MMS recieve capability, this fixes it.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\PushRouter\Registratio ns\ByCTAndAppId\application/vnd.wap.mms-message\Default

80409F46E414C801

Make sure threaded SMS & MMS are not running and soft reboot afterward. The only issue I've had is when I receive a MMS, the notification appears (today screen notification) on both MMS & threaded SMS, which is annoying more than anything. Functionally, it works perfectly.

Thanks i'll use this when I get mines on the 2nd.

hench289 11-02-2007 05:23 PM

dont receive mms?

hey i changed these settings in the registry but for some reason i dont receive any MMS. I can send MMS fine. Any help?

romulus15 11-05-2007 07:56 PM

Even without threaded SMS installed yet, I can't receive MMS messages. I can send ok though. Not sure why yet. I'll post back if I figure anything out.

romulus15 11-05-2007 09:28 PM

Well...it turns out that the answer to my MMS problem is somewhat random. People have been saying that the threaded SMS breaks MMS every time. Some people say it works fine. YMMV.

Things to try:

1) Dial #22899 and reprogram your phone (reset).
2) Dial #228 and do both options 1 (reset) and call back and do option 2 (reset).
3) Hard reset your phone (worked for me)
To hard reset, hold down the center nav button while pressing the soft reset button for about 3 seconds. Release the soft reset button (you should see clearing data on the display).
4) Call Verizon tech support and have them reapply your messaging and data plans.

Seems that hard resetting works for a lot of people. Give it a try.

verizonguy 11-14-2007 01:28 PM

*22899 does *228 options 1 & 2 so need to do both.

jka/v 11-24-2007 11:23 PM

A "tech" from Verizon said that they were telling folks who may know about the *22899 programming to stop using it on pda phones as it could potentially mess up the phones programming. I thought, yeah right... But on my 2 I760's, one I did that on, the other I did just *228 1, the one I went with 22899 lost all of it's evdo functionality... Had to hard reset to get it to work again.

Just my $.02

(oh yeah, that same tech data guy also told me how to hard reset the phone, and I said, are you sure that's the right steps, I'm pretty sure you hit another button, and he said nope, it's right. Course, he was wrong.... ;)

Pimpleo 12-05-2007 06:04 PM

hey im having issues with my i760 or maybe someone can clarify for me. i have ringtones set for my msgs. i would like for the the ringtones to end when i dismiss the txt msg it is annoying that the phone alerts continues even after i have read or dismissed the txt. can someone plz help me?

Pimpleo 12-05-2007 06:17 PM

what are threaded sms

what are threaded sms and how and why would i install them

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewentworth (Post 106761)

80409F46E414C801