PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 04:39 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: pre order epic touch 4g 149$ now

Well in my case unless it can do what "Optimus Prime" can and "Transform" into a keyboard phone then Nexus or not makes no difference...(to me)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-06-2011, 05:01 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanfishy View Post
Has anyone purchased from this place before? are they legit?

Just take the phone into a sprint store and they will activate and move everything over from a WinMo TP?
i've ordered from them in the past and i didn't have any trouble getting my sprint phone from them. when you receive the phone, you just call Sprint to get it activated.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Don't know if it's worth it to order it now. It's only been 2 months since the evo came out and new users can get it for $20 and current users can get it for $69. I know it's cool to have the latest phone but it used to take around 6 months for that low of a price. Next phone I get i'm going to wait 1-2 months. That's too much of price drop to justify buying a phone as soon as it's released.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network
Old 09-06-2011, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide
I ordered my Epic from Wirefly they're pretty good, but they told me NOT to call Sprint to get it activated. The phone is programmed to activate once you receive it but for some reason mine came a day early so I had to call them.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using PPCGeeks
Old 09-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
well it just got better and link checks your eligibility.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch for Sprint - Wirefly Friends and Family Store

im at sprint store now and prime looks like its comming after iphony is released so im gonna hold out till prime hits, i want ics and faster updates.
Oh man, that is sweet. I have one eligibility in early October I totally forgot about thanks again especially for the eligibility tip!!!! May stay on Sprint after all, or at least gives me something to think about.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:00 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: pre order epic touch 4g 119$ now

[Rumor] Verizon's Samsung DROID Prime Will Be The First ICS Device, Will Put Galaxy S II To Shame

Verizon Will Not Be Getting The Samsung Galaxy S II, Make Ready The Pitchforks And Torches

Nexus Prime User Agent Profile Spotted On Samsung's Site - "Really?" Responds Android Community

For those still wondering whether Android's first Ice Cream Sandwich device will be made by Samsung, there may finally be a definitive answer. A file recently spotted on Sammy's website called "nexusprime.xml" tells us that the answer is yes??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????
Old 09-07-2011, 03:52 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

It says verizon exclusive in the articles on the prime :/...unless ofcourse they mistaken it that the Droid Prime will be an exclusive (custom version of Nexus Prime) and others will get their Nexus fix...kinda like technically Samsung Fascinate was an exclusive to verizon even though we know how that is...
Old 09-07-2011, 11:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

RandomKing is keeping up the good workRandomKing is keeping up the good work

This sounds awesome, but Samsung already has a few phones in production that outclass the fabled SGII that we haven't even gotten yet...

Epic 4G: | RandomROM EH17 ThunderHawk | RandomROM EC05 Phoenix | OneClick / Odin | Battery Save!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:34 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomKing View Post
This sounds awesome, but Samsung already has a few phones in production that outclass the fabled SGII that we haven't even gotten yet...
im just scared i will be on gb for years if i buy SD2 but it seemed like risk to take till i saw prime was coming.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

mike99 is just getting started

OK,

Here is what I want to know before buying SGII.

Is there a real chance that Nexus Prime will be a step up from GSII. Now, by step up I mean a really big step up. For example, might it have the next gen processor (Qualcomm Krait or OMAP 5....., or even quad core Tegra 3)?

To me, slightly bigger screen or slightly higher res would not make such a big difference. Slightly overclocked processor to 1.4-1.5 GHz, if the same architecture as GSII, would probably not make the world of difference.

For all of you out there who know about the bleeding edge tech development: Do you think it is LIKELY that GSII will be a MAJOR step forward as opposed to just slightly improved GSII with ICS (all of that of course assuming the device is coming in October, not next year)

Thanks

Mike

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series