PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: sprint

daprince is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quick Question on 4G

Can you turn the 4G off on the Galaxy S????or Does it run in 4G all the time??(T-mobile)

Last edited by daprince; 06-28-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:34 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Quick Question on 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprince View Post
Can you turn the 4G off on the Galaxy S????or Does it run in 4G all the time??(T-mobile)
Ok to clarify..4G on t-mobile is not really 4G..its 3.5G called HSPA+ and its backwards compatible with GSM..aka it uses 1 radio to do everything...On Sprint and Verizon we have true 4G but the 4G used being Wimax and LTE are not backwards compatible with CDMA thus a separate radio is needed...

That said the HSPA+ that t-mobile uses its top end of 3.5G, while Verizon and Sprint only implement the weakest form of 4G specifications. So HSPA+ is as fast if not faster then the 4G offerings from Sprint and Verizon...

So can you turn it off? maybe..but you dont need to as it wont use up any more battery or anything over 3G...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-02-2011, 04:32 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

So t-mobiles 4g is faster than verizons 4g?
If so then my next phone will be a tmobile thats if att doesnt buy it then forget it
Old 07-06-2011, 01:00 AM
VIP MVP

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Anyone know if tmobiles speed is that quick

Old 07-06-2011, 01:17 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Anyone know if tmobiles speed is that quick
was not where i live in pa but doc says it is on his hd7
Old 07-08-2011, 02:25 PM
VIP MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
was not where i live in pa but doc says it is on his hd7
is it possible to check actual speeds for tmobile in my area besides actually having tmobile service and comparing it side by side.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:40 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
is it possible to check actual speeds for tmobile in my area besides actually having tmobile service and comparing it side by side.
not sure but when i was about to jump to t-mo for hd7 t-mo gave me a phone to use for a week with service and it absolutely sucked in my area so maybe tell them you may jump from sprint to t-mo and see if they throw you a loaner cause they LOVE stealing sprint peeps.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:48 PM
VIP MVP

im going to have to try that. Maybe i will get it because i want to be able to talk/surf at the same time and im my epic i can only do that when im on 4g(rare) or connected to wifi. I hate having to tell someone im talking let me call you right back so i can use the web. Just dont like the "unlimited"(limited with throttling) data service.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:56 PM
acs tester

Quote:
im going to have to try that. Maybe i will get it because i want to be able to talk/surf at the same time and im my epic i can only do that when im on 4g(rare) or connected to wifi. I hate having to tell someone im talking let me call you right back so i can use the web. Just dont like the "unlimited"(limited with throttling) data service.
ya there data bs sux also.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:01 PM
VIP MVP

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.41 Safari/535.1)

can the throttling thing be removed? i dont use that much data on my phone atleast not yet i think im good with 5gb a month but they start throttling after 100mb or something like that which really sux

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series