PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 09:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

eagle2222222222 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Galaxy S 2!!!

Does anyone kow if the Sprint version will be 4g? Have seen a yes and a no. Leaning towards the S2 if it's 4g, Evo 3d if not.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:34 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle2222222222 View Post
Does anyone kow if the Sprint version will be 4g? Have seen a yes and a no. Leaning towards the S2 if it's 4g, Evo 3d if not.
Well lets take an educated guess...

1) Epic was 4G and made by samsung

2) Samsung is building out and managing half of the 4G towers

3) All new top end phones have 4G..even that motorola one..

I think its safe to say yes it will have 4G...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-03-2011, 02:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

@Anon9mouz Rumor is that Sprint will be getting it and calling the Samsung Galaxy S Within... rumored release date is last week of July or Early August (they say 3rd quarter of 2011)

@Scoob from what I understand, sprint is getting a Epic 2... so I doubt they will put a slide out kb on GS2 aka sprint within. I for one would like to see it look exactly like the one that came out in europe (maybe with the addition of a search button)

I am really excited about this phone. I have an evo right now and have been just a little jealous of my girlfriends epic. Her camera is better than mine, her screen is brighter and has better color... she seems to have less issues with it than I have with my evo. Two nights ago, I called sprint and had them send me a return envelope so I could return my evo3d and had them turn my evo4g back on. The evo3d was nice but there were just too many things i didnt like about. Now the waiting game is back on waiting for this bad boy to come out!

@gTen when you saw the GS2 in person did you actually mess with it or just see it? I ask because I have questions that for some reason no body ever covers in their youtube reviews.

Questions like... is the speakerphone loud and clear? Are the buttons on the bottom nice and sensitive or do they not work half the time like on the epic. Does the camera take a picture right away or does it take a few seconds to actually snap? Does the front facing camera allow video like the evo or not because the epic does not and thats not cool.

Last edited by jimmiekain; 07-03-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

mike99 is just getting started

I also wonder what Sammy is going to pack into the rumored GSII plus??? Just overclocked CPU? What else?? Bigger screen? More memory?? Any more details available?
Old 07-11-2011, 04:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Pandaman is becoming a great contributor

Since Apple is in the process of suing Samsung for their Galaxy series of phones and tablets, maybe Sprint is waiting for some sort of outcome or settlement before it commits to the GS2? If so we may be in for a long wait
Old 07-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaman View Post
Since Apple is in the process of suing Samsung for their Galaxy series of phones and tablets, maybe Sprint is waiting for some sort of outcome or settlement before it commits to the GS2? If so we may be in for a long wait
Y they being sued?

NS4G°
Old 07-11-2011, 04:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Pandaman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLui View Post
Y they being sued?

NS4G°
Apple claims the Galaxy tab infringes on iPad patents, and that the Galaxy S phone looks and feels a little too similar to the iPhone. The lawsuit was filed April 15, 2011. Samsung counter-sued Apple on April 21 citing five patent infringements. The judge wants both of them to settle out of court.

Apple Sues Samsung in South Korea Over Patent Infringement

Last edited by Pandaman; 07-11-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaman View Post
They are not going to wait on a lawsuit..these things drag on for years...everyone sues everyone its nothing new..in worst case it ends up being a cross licensing deal or money going one way or the other..but the product is still going to be there..

As proof it is not the motivating factor, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 came to sprint just recently...and its part of the lawsuit..

The rumor is that it conflicts with the Motorola release somehow..but thats just a rumor...
Old 07-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Anyone else feel like Sprint will pass on the galaxy s II for the nexus 3? I don't mind but the anticipation is killing me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2011, 01:10 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
Anyone else feel like Sprint will pass on the galaxy s II for the nexus 3? I don't mind but the anticipation is killing me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Judging they came up with a name for it..I doubt they are gonna pass it...neither do I see a conflict with Nexus 3.nothing is preventing them from releasing both, and I kinda doubt Nexus 3 will be on a cdma carrier this year...cdma is always last to get stuff...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series