PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Series (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Why the F isn't 2.3 available 4 Galaxy since it launched on Samsung Nexus S already? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139476)

tt C6 01-11-2011 01:48 AM

Why the F isn't 2.3 available 4 Galaxy since it launched on Samsung Nexus S already?

The Nexus S is built by Samsung.
It's running the same hardware that the Epic 4G does.
The Epic 4G was released FIVE months ago.
The Evo has had 2.2 available for months and even the Shift just launched with 2.2.

PLEASE tell me that Samsung is skipping right over 2.3 and going to 2.3 for the Epic.

If not, this is COMPLETE BULL$HIT.

And, NO, I don't want to flash, root, or customize my phone.
I spend over $100 a month for service and pay retail prices for phones.
My responsibility should end when I swipe my credit card.

ppcgpirate 01-11-2011 02:10 PM

Re: Why the F isn't 2.3 available 4 Galaxy since it launched on Samsung Nexus S alrea

what? you didn't read the samsung press release last week saying they were happy with the way the galaxy phones performed and there was no need to update them further and if consumers wanted a newer OS they should look into the newer phones coming out.

Miami_Son 01-11-2011 04:21 PM

Re: Why the F isn't 2.3 available 4 Galaxy since it launched on Samsung Nexus S alrea

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppcgpirate (Post 2034526)
what? you didn't read the samsung press release last week saying they were happy with the way the galaxy phones performed and there was no need to update them further and if consumers wanted a newer OS they should look into the newer phones coming out.

I hope that was sarcasm. If not, please point me to that press release. I will use it to get a refund of my Captivate so I can switch to Verizon.

ppcgpirate 01-14-2011 12:03 AM

it was sarcasm but then i found this, it affects the tmobile vibrant but you have to wonder if its going on with the other galaxy phones as well.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...ml#post2036016

lwrdrchvy2 01-14-2011 10:41 PM

I just talked to my Samsung rep the other day about an update to Froyo for the Vibrant and sounds like it won't happen until AFTER the new Vibrant comes out around June. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case for all galaxy phones.

Dr.8820 01-14-2011 10:50 PM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

you have to buy new phones to get the update from samsung :D. most folks only brag about the super amoled screen or the hummingbird processor...

tt C6 01-15-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2036974)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)
most folks only brag about the super amoled screen or the hummingbird processor...

And that's the question I need hel with because I have to answer ASAP:

Does the Epic 4g's 4", SAMOLED, Hummingbird, and Front Facing Camera outweight the Evo SHift's potential software support from HTC and the DEV community ?????

tt C6 01-17-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt C6 (Post 2037199)
And that's the question I need hel with because I have to answer ASAP:

Does the Epic 4g's 4", SAMOLED, Hummingbird, and Front Facing Camera outweight the Evo SHift's potential software support from HTC and the DEV community ?????

Any Epic owners who can answer the question above question will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

flyers2114 01-17-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt C6 (Post 2038509)
Any Epic owners who can answer the question above question will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

yep...best phone I have ever owned.......they were coming out with updates routinely....hummingbird processor is the easy choice...nothing else compares...and this is the reason on the update issue....all the rest is bs

Are Samsung Galaxy S Froyo Updates Being Held Back Because Of Cost? | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Mods, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

revaaron 01-18-2011 02:27 AM

wow.. that article is like.. wow.