PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
Phone calls routed to Bluetooth while 3.5mm jack in use

Ok, I've come across 2 other threads that brush on this topic, but I want to start one for this specific deal.

I use a tape adapter plugged into my Epic's headphone jack for listening to tunes in my car. On other devices, if a call came in, the call would be routed to my earpiece. On the Epic, the call is routed through the car stereo, and I don't see any way to change that behavior. Every time the phone rings I have to unplug the 3.5mm jack so the call will go to the earpiece...annoying and DANGEROUS.

Any help? Thanks

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 10-29-2010, 04:09 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Phone calls routed to Bluetooth while 3.5mm jack in use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunder View Post
Ok, I've come across 2 other threads that brush on this topic, but I want to start one for this specific deal.

I use a tape adapter plugged into my Epic's headphone jack for listening to tunes in my car. On other devices, if a call came in, the call would be routed to my earpiece. On the Epic, the call is routed through the car stereo, and I don't see any way to change that behavior. Every time the phone rings I have to unplug the 3.5mm jack so the call will go to the earpiece...annoying and DANGEROUS.

Any help? Thanks
By earpiece you mean a bluetooth headset?

Maybe some kind of Tasker profile would work...or is it possible to stream via bluetooth/usb to your stereo?

or maybe a different wire? cause some people were saying about how some earphones cut off mic sound while others dont..so maybe there is a wire that wont cut it off :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 10-29-2010 at 04:33 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
By earpiece you mean a bluetooth headset?

Maybe some kind of Tasker profile would work...or is it possible to stream via bluetooth/usb to your stereo?

or maybe a different wire? cause some people were saying about how some earphones cut off mic sound while others dont..so maybe there is a wire that wont cut it off :/

Using a bluetooth earpiece. It all seemed so basic in my TP2 days. With bluetooth on on the phone, and my bluetooth earpiece turned on, I could be in my car listening to music from my phone, using the same cassette tape adapter I'm using now, and when a call came in the music would pause and the call would go through my earpiece. Trying to figure out why my Epic doesn't behave this way. My earpiece rings when a call is coming in, it just doesn't handle the call when I answer it, the call gets routed through the cassette adapter and the car stereo. No bueno.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

So is there anyone out there that can have calls routed to there bluetooth while piping tunes through the 3.5mm? I want to know if this is a problem with my bluetooth or if it simply doesn't work in Android...
Old 11-17-2010, 02:34 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Seems like some progress on the issue:

[GPL] edenBT - Call Audio Router ( Epic4G *ONLY* ) - bluetooth/wired conflict hotfix - xda-developers
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series