PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 12:10 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Wifi Only Galaxy Tab (I know someone asked for this)

Here you go:

Wifi-only version of the Galaxy Tab coming | Android Central

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-17-2010, 12:21 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wifi Only Galaxy Tab (I know someone asked for this)

i dont know if its been discussed, nut i read an article this morning that said the tab would be on all 4 major us carriers..
link...
Samsung Galaxy Tab: On Sale Soon. Everywhere!

Old 09-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well if the 3g models are retailing at over $1200 dollars in Europe, that means they would retail at probably around $1000 here in the US. So take out that 3g radio, which costs maybe $15 dollars to Samsung, and the Wifi Model will retail at?????? The Wifi model won't have subsidies, sooooooo . . . . . we looking at like $800??
Old 09-21-2010, 01:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

atlomniaguy is a n00b

surely they will make it slightly less than the ipad if they want to compete with the ipad. that only makes sense.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlomniaguy View Post
surely they will make it slightly less than the ipad if they want to compete with the ipad. that only makes sense.
Slightly less than which model of ipad? iPad ranges from 500 to 830 dollars. Id consider one that cost like 400, maybe. If it was 800, no one is going to buy it.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Slightly less than which model of ipad? iPad ranges from 500 to 830 dollars. Id consider one that cost like 400, maybe. If it was 800, no one is going to buy it.
you're deceiving yourself, $800, and this thing will still sell, I'm pretty sure 800 is a safe bet.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Google is the next skynet
Old 09-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
you're deceiving yourself, $800, and this thing will still sell, I'm pretty sure 800 is a safe bet.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
I don't know...After all the crap that's wrong with the Epic and the other GS line devices, look how long Samsung has been dragging their feet to fix those problems. I can't see people giving Samsung any more money, and receiving underwhelming support for it. I don't know how many engineers they have working in the Galaxy division of the company but it doesn't seem like there's enough to handle with keeping up with timely bug fixes.

But hey at least they pushed out the Media Hub in the latest update, and there's nothing wrong with addon...>:/
Old 09-30-2010, 06:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
I don't know...After all the crap that's wrong with the Epic and the other GS line devices, look how long Samsung has been dragging their feet to fix those problems. I can't see people giving Samsung any more money, and receiving underwhelming support for it. I don't know how many engineers they have working in the Galaxy division of the company but it doesn't seem like there's enough to handle with keeping up with timely bug fixes.

But hey at least they pushed out the Media Hub in the latest update, and there's nothing wrong with addon...>:/
They just did a bug fix today >.>..
Old 10-26-2010, 05:27 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Best buy is gonna sell th wifi only version for 499$

Best Buy buyer’s guide reveals WiFi-only Galaxy Tab for $499 – Android and Me
Old 10-26-2010, 05:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I need to see one of these in person before spending that kind of cash.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series