PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Series (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Any App for recording a call that works on these phones? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135062)

MakeMoves 10-07-2010 02:26 PM

Any App for recording a call that works on these phones?

I'm trying to find an app that will record phone calls. This was a very usefull feature I had on an old palm phone that came in handy when you are driving and cannot write down info that someone gives you on the phone.

I tried a couple that I found on the marketplace but none of them worked on my phone (Sprint Epic).

Has anyone run across something like this that works on the Galaxy S series?
What's your favorite one?

PS - If none of them work does anyone know of a good voice memo app that i can activate while on a phone call?

Preferably something that can have a button short cut or a very easy way to quickly start recording while driving.

gTen 10-07-2010 03:25 PM

Re: Any App for recording a call that works on these phones?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeMoves (Post 1968388)
I'm trying to find an app that will record phone calls. This was a very usefull feature I had on an old palm phone that came in handy when you are driving and cannot write down info that someone gives you on the phone.

I tried a couple that I found on the marketplace but none of them worked on my phone (Sprint Epic).

Has anyone run across something like this that works on the Galaxy S series?
What's your favorite one?

PS - If none of them work does anyone know of a good voice memo app that i can activate while on a phone call?

Preferably something that can have a button short cut or a very easy way to quickly start recording while driving.

I think it requires Froyo for that feature.

That said I would like to point out (just in case you are not aware) Massachusetts law requires that both parties be notified that the call is recorded.

Quote:

Massachusetts requires consent of al parties unless another exception applies (Massachusetts Gen. Laws Ann. ch. 272, Sec. 99). Telephone equipment, which is furnished to a phone company subscriber and used in the ordinary course of business, is excluded from the definition of unlawful interception devices (Id. at 99(B)(3)). Office intercommunication systems used in the ordinary course of business are similarly exempt (Id. at 99(D)(1)(b)). The criminal penalty is a fine of up to $10,000, imprisonment for up to five years, or both. In civil litigation, an injured party may recover actual and punitive damages as well as costs and fees. It is a separate violation to divulge or use the information garnered through unlawful interception and an additional penalty of up to two years in prison or $5,000 may be imposed on this count.

MakeMoves 10-08-2010 11:51 AM

Yes, when I was driving and couldnt write something down I would tell the person to hold on and repeat the info again because I will record.

I'm a real estate agent and often get calls on properties I advertise while I'im in the car driving around the crazy boston traffic late for another appointment.

MakeMoves 10-18-2010 07:14 PM

so is that a no till 2.2?

Phen0m 10-20-2010 02:33 PM

Livo recorder should help

MakeMoves 11-01-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phen0m (Post 1977867)
Livo recorder should help

Didnt work during a call. Furthermore it said that Android doensnt support recording phone calls and this is an android issue.

Hope 2.2 will fix this.

latinlover515 03-01-2011 10:29 PM

so has anyone come across of an app for android that you can record phone calles like back on the old TP2 days? is a good option to have specially when you recive important phone calls where you dont have a pen in hand you can always replay them back or in case of a threadning phone call for self defence in court and so fort. this feature should really be out for android..