PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Series (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Is anyone else having bluetooth connectivity issues? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=134632)

tahlsr 09-30-2010 10:57 AM

Is anyone else having bluetooth connectivity issues?

Hey all,
It's not a deal breaker but it certainly comes up a bunch. I have 3 bluetooth devices that I hook up to my phone (Epic) for various needs (car, working out etc...) I have encountered almost daily where the phone will say it's paired with the device and I'll hit play (even with multiple apps) and I don't hear anything through the BT device. I have tested this with multiple audio apps and with all 3 of my devices and it seems to happen whenever it wants. I definitely think there are issues with the bluetooth stack or something.

While I don't expect a fix can anyone at least chime in and tell me they have had unexpected bluetooth connectivity issues with their bluetooth devices so I don't feel alone?

I will probably contact Sprint to see if it's a known issue if I hear that a bunch of you have issues. My brother has the same problem (also Epic).

meiinken 09-30-2010 11:28 AM

Re: Is anyone else having bluetooth connectivity issues?

yes, I have this problem too. Additionally, do you have a problem where the A2DP functions do not work if the music player is run from the music widget or is running in the background?

tahlsr 09-30-2010 01:54 PM

meiinken thanks for chiming in. I don't feel so alone. Yeah I do have those same issues. My impression though is that A2DP controls are either binded to the active application or your default one. i.e. right now MortPlayer is my default audio player so no matter what screen I'm on within Android, if I hit the play button on my headset, MortPlayer opens. This does suck though if I'm using Slacer to listen to music and then the controls don't work for Slacer unless it's the 'active' application. Does seem in alignment with what you are saying?

tahlsr 09-30-2010 02:06 PM

I have no idea how I misspelled Slacker twice in one post. I need to formally apologize. ha.

Flash_C4 09-30-2010 02:18 PM

I'm seeing the same issue and I'm glad it's not just me and something that is specific to the bt devices that I'm using.

blazinazn 09-30-2010 03:00 PM

Yeah, this happened to me on day 1. Rebooted the phone and it hasn't done it since. Don't know if it was a coincidence or what.

I just got it yesterday so I'm probably not much help.

I connected my A2DP headset to it and pressed play on the music player..nothing. Tried Pandora..no dice. Rebooted the phone and everything was happy again:spin:

havox22 10-06-2010 03:58 AM

yeah i am having this problem also..i thought it was the new blutooth i just bought..i guess not

darren.wlsn1 10-06-2010 06:44 AM

are all you guys rooted/custom kernal? i have no bt issues but im rooted/custom kernal. all on new update?

shawn1774 10-07-2010 10:01 PM

I'm seeing the same issue bluetooth connectivity issues, im not rooted yet