PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 07:50 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Is the Sprint 'Transform' a Samsung Epic 4G w/o keyboard and maybe w/o 4G?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Was at the Sprint Store today and overheard a conversation between a couple of the employees. One asked if it was time to put out the Transform, and the other said "no, we have to hold it till next week". I then asked them for some specs and they told me that it was no epic 4g. All I got out of them for sure was that it has a 3.7" screen. I stopped caring after i heard that, so i didn't ask any more questions.
You could have asked other things like does it use Super Amoled, Amoled, LCD or SLCD >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I could have, but I lost interest when I found out it didn't have a 4" screen. The crappy thing is that I went to that Sprint store 2 days ago and specifically asked about the Transform, and they swore up and down to me that there is no way a new phone was coming out in the next 10 days, because they would already be getting trained on it, etc, etc, etc. I have learned that its pretty universal that Sprint sales reps at their stores are uninformed and love to lie about things instead of just admitting they don't know. Asked 4 different reps at 2 different stores today why my screen on the Epic has a blue tint, and I got answers ranging from "Have you been around any large magnets recently?" to "Oh, its blue because it has the auto-brightness thing". Was RAGING by the time I got home.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work

What I don't understand is the lack of promotion for their phones lately. The Evo gets commercials and ad's galore but everything else seems to be lacking and in desperate need of advertisement. This phone seems like a nice device, it's like a Moment with a 1ghz hummingbird and slightly larger screen. I had the Moment for awhile and besides it's quirks it was a great phone to me. Vanilla android is fine since most Rom development usually incorporates ADW or Launcherpro UI's.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:40 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Asked 4 different reps at 2 different stores today why my screen on the Epic has a blue tint, and I got answers ranging from "Have you been around any large magnets recently?" to "Oh, its blue because it has the auto-brightness thing". Was RAGING by the time I got home.
Blue tint is caused when manufacturer puts too much Blue to compensate for the fact that Blue OLEDs tend to degrade faster then their counterparts..once you use the screen enough generally the blue tint would go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvmyc View Post
What I don't understand is the lack of promotion for their phones lately. The Evo gets commercials and ad's galore but everything else seems to be lacking and in desperate need of advertisement. This phone seems like a nice device, it's like a Moment with a 1ghz hummingbird and slightly larger screen. I had the Moment for awhile and besides it's quirks it was a great phone to me. Vanilla android is fine since most Rom development usually incorporates ADW or Launcherpro UI's.
I have a conspiracy theory where Sprint is out to make itself go bankrupt and take their partners with them...if you look at Sprint's history and decisions it kinda makes sense...if anything thats the only thing that makes sense :/
Old 10-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

"The Samsung Transform will have a 3.5-inch capacitive touchscreen display (not Super AMOLED), 800 MHz processor, 0.3 megapixel front-facing camera, 3.2 megapixel rear-facing camera with LED-flash, EV-DO Rev. A and Android 2.1. We’re told the device will be upgraded to Android 2.2 shortly after launch. The phone is set to launch on 10/10/10 for $149.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate. We saw the user guide for this device leak yesterday, so no real shock here."
Sprint to announce Samsung Transform, Sanyo Zio, LG Optimus S today at CTIA? « Boy Genius Report

Just got the Samsung Moment and I'm not sure this is much better. Might consider it if it actually has a bigger screen and/or it has the underclocked hummingbird processor like the G2.

Last edited by one80oneday; 10-06-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

so when can we get some real stats on the transform. didn't they anounce it already. wouldn't they include all the info on the phone at the anouncement?
Old 10-06-2010, 01:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawaresace View Post
so when can we get some real stats on the transform. didn't they anounce it already. wouldn't they include all the info on the phone at the anouncement?
My guess is later today...it says in the BGR article sprint will announce it today in CTIA.

Right now 3 things I'm wondering is..

1) whats the resolution
2) its not samoled..but is it amoled, slcd or just lcd
3) 800mhz but wich processor..is it the new snapdragon 800mhz or an udnerclocked hummingbird or some old processor
Old 10-07-2010, 09:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work

the resolution is HVGA which is 320x480, same as the Moment.

"updated to android 2.2 shortly after launch"

ha! yeah right, this is samsung we're talking about. shortly after launch means end of year or longer. wonder if this phone also suffers from the GPS problem like the other samsung phones out there right now.

why is it launching with android 2.1, where as the LG Optimus S has 2.2 from launch? is samsung having trouble with android 2.2?
Old 10-09-2010, 03:10 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Code:
PRODUCTIVITY
Large 3.5-inch HVGA display and premium touch-screen
Full slide-out QWERTY keyboard
Android 2.1; access to more than 80,000 apps on Android Market™
Text, speech to text and IM using AOL®, Yahoo®, Windows Live™, Gmail™, Hotmail, Sprint Mail and more
Built-in Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g (Brita- please confirm)
Visual Voicemail for quick and easy access to voicemail messages
GPS-enabled, turn-by-turn directions
Sprint Zone™ provides access the customer’s wireless account, phone tips, news, a list of top apps, Sprint TV®, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM and Sprint Music Plus
ENTERTAINMENT/PERSONALIZATION
Dual cameras: 3.2 MP rear-facing and camera with flash (no zoom) and camcorder and front-facing VGA camera for video conferencing
Google™ mobile services, including Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Talk, Google Maps, Google Search and YouTube
Access to social networking sites Facebook®, Flickr® and Twitter™
Stereo Bluetooth® wireless technology
Sprint TV®, Sprint Football Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
MP3 Player with MicroSD card slot (supports up to 32GB)
SPECIFICATIONS
Dimensions: 2.42 x 4.61 x 0.61 inches; Weight; 5.4 ounces
Main display: 3.5 inches; TFT full touch panel; HVGA (480 x 320 pixels) 16M colors
800 MHz processor
Chipset: Samsung (S3C6410) + Qualcomm (QSC6085)
Internal memory (RAM/ROM): 256/512MB
Standard Lithium (LiIon) battery: 1500mAH; up to 6 hours continuous talk time1
So far I'm not impressed..that touch screen better be an SLCD or something..because it looks like a moment with an LCD, even same processor and resolution...I mean why did they release the Intercept again..to have 0.3 screen size difference?!?!

This is sad >.>

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Transf...dp/B00466HMXC/

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Transf...7092462&sr=8-1

Last edited by gTen; 10-14-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:48 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

my best buy ad got the names mixed up this morning! lol.

Best Buy

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Tags
android, epic 4g, samsung, transform