PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: sprint

calitundra is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Car charger

I have a epic 4g and my wife has an evo. I noticed her home charger puts out 1amp and the samsung 700ma. First, why is the epic charger have less output? would it hurt to use my wife's charger?. I have a motorola charger in my truck. Also the motorola charger does not show an amp output. i have seen some car chargers that will go up to 2amps. Can you charge the epic or evo with these or will it burn them up?
Old 09-19-2010, 07:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Car charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by calitundra View Post
I have a epic 4g and my wife has an evo. I noticed her home charger puts out 1amp and the samsung 700ma. First, why is the epic charger have less output? would it hurt to use my wife's charger?. I have a motorola charger in my truck. Also the motorola charger does not show an amp output. i have seen some car chargers that will go up to 2amps. Can you charge the epic or evo with these or will it burn them up?
1amp should be ok (still within standards)..2 amps is pushing it...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

can it charge the phone faster ? or would it b so minute u wouldnt notice
Old 09-19-2010, 08:57 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

can it charge the phone faster ? or would it b so minute u wouldnt notice
dont think you would notice.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

I've had problem using other chargers. My girlfriend has a verizon charger from her Twist and whenever I use it I get the "Battery full" message within 15 minutes of charging and when I pull it off the battery is basically dead

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 09-26-2010, 08:15 PM
rdm
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Treo Pro

rdm is a n00b

The one amp chargers I have around the house charge my Epic 50% faster than the OEM from Samsung.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is pretty simple math. An increase of 300 maH from the OEM 700 maH is an increase of 42%. So barring any external unknowns, your device will charge 42% faster. So if on the OEM charger, it took you 2 hours to charge the device, it will take an hour and ten minutes on the 1000 maH charger. Again, this is assuming a perfect 700 maH to 1000 maH comparison.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series