PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

wdaniels2007 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy PIM.vol convertion to CSV or vcard file

There are a couple of threads up here concerning this, but there not the solution for me. I upgraded my Touch Pro 2 to a Samsumg Epic with the android operationing system. I no longer have the Touchpro phone, but on my storage card I have my pim.vol with all my contacts from the Touch pro phone that I would like to convert to a csv or vcard file because I no longer have the phone. I searched all over google to see if there was a converter software, but I can't fine one that works..Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:16 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: PIM.vol convertion to CSV or vcard file

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdaniels2007 View Post
There are a couple of threads up here concerning this, but there not the solution for me. I upgraded my Touch Pro 2 to a Samsumg Epic with the android operationing system. I no longer have the Touchpro phone, but on my storage card I have my pim.vol with all my contacts from the Touch pro phone that I would like to convert to a csv or vcard file because I no longer have the phone. I searched all over google to see if there was a converter software, but I can't fine one that works..Any help would be very much appreciated.
Maybe this will help: (it wont transfer pictures though)

How to move Contacts and SMS from WindowsMobile to Android - Homebrew

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-16-2010, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gTen,

That is a good solution and I did see that you can do it with PIM backup, but the problem is that I don't have a windows mobile phone to install PIM backup. I have the pim.vol file on my desktop and on a storage card. You can't use it from you desktop computer so that solution won't work. I appreciate your help though.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

*Edited* never mind was thinking something else..I think im posting so much lately that I'm starting to skim too much >.>

Last edited by gTen; 09-16-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:42 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

How about this. Create a new Gmail account and then add that account to Outlook. Import the pim.vol into your new Outlook Gmail account and then use Google Sync to sync with your phone. I haven't actually done it, but I think that will work.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:51 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

oh I was thinking it was a pim backup file..*face palm*...

If the above method is not good enough here is an alternative:

POExport (Pocket Outlook Export) - export your contacts from your PocketPC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Angry Re: PIM.vol convertion to CSV or vcard file

gsfoster and gten,

I tried your solution gsfoster, but it can't seem to get to the gmail server for some reason. Everything is set right and there aren't any typos, so I'm thinking maybe its being prevented from my Outlook email from work.

gten that looks a little complicated solution. I appreciate both of you guys responding and trying to help.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gten, also I don't have a windows mobile pc to do those procedures atleast I'm assuming I would need one.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:59 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.21126/20.2463; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

I have the same problem at work accessing web based email. I think you would have to do this from you home pc. I'm going to try it out today to see if it works.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ksfoster, I was able to creat the gmail account on my home outlook but you can't import a pim.vol file so not sure what my next step is.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series