PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
App Seven Mail....Push Email for Android

Okay I got this from Androidforums and thought I would post it here. There is a push email app called Seven made for our android devices. I have signed up and downloaded the APK which was free and it's working quite nicely for me. I have 2 Hotmail accounts and 1 Yahoo account currently set up. On Wifi however I have noticed that Yahoo doesn't come through, at least today however. Hotmails come through instantly and I couldn't be happier with that. It is a Beta still so it should only get better.

The website for Seven is a little weird and I know how people are with signing up at websites with there personal info so I decided to upload the APK. Below are the original links to the Seven website. Enjoy

Update: It was previously stated that you "may be charged international text rates when signing into email accounts" , this according to the SevenMail website. This is false, I have received my bill and do not have any additional charges whatsoever and I have been running this app for about a month now.

SEVEN ? Proven Push Platform for Mobile Applications

SEVEN Beta Program :: Register

Screen Shots

Attached Files
File Type: apk Seven Mail.apk (2.41 MB, 608 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by nvmyc; 10-05-2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: N/a
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Seven Mail....Push Email for Android

Yahoo is coming through on Wifi no problem now.....I have had people sending me test emails and I am getting almost instantly after they send it to me.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:43 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Re: App Seven Mail....Push Email for Android

doesn't this thing send sms messages periodically to the Isle of Man which costs money?

Old 09-17-2010, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No, the text that you speak of is when you first do the registration and it asks if you want to download the apk or have it sent via text which comes from the Isle of Man which would be subject to a international text message charge. I included the apk in this thread so people would not get confused about a charge being applied to them. I have been using this for a few days and I have no random texts or anything abnormal coming or going my way.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:13 PM
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvmyc View Post
No, the text that you speak of is when you first do the registration and it asks if you want to download the apk or have it sent via text which comes from the Isle of Man which would be subject to a international text message charge. I included the apk in this thread so people would not get confused about a charge being applied to them. I have been using this for a few days and I have no random texts or anything abnormal coming or going my way.
Well see, I almost signed up, but it mentioned every time you add an email address, a text message is sent to a number located at the isle of man, and charges will likely apply. It also made it sound as though this happens periodically and is used for production data or some shit (can't remember the wording they used.)

How can we tell when our device is sending sms "behind the scenes"?
Old 09-17-2010, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I don't think an sms can be sent without notification of some sorts. I have 3 accounts linked up, never had any weird sms coming or going. I haven't had any reason to worry about it. I feel like this too, all the apps in the market and half of them are made from programmers oversees. What makes you think that downloading any particular app that needs to access various information is any different? I like the Seven app and I guess I will just see what happens in the future.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:48 PM
i like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvmyc View Post
I don't think an sms can be sent without notification of some sorts. I have 3 accounts linked up, never had any weird sms coming or going. I haven't had any reason to worry about it. I feel like this too, all the apps in the market and half of them are made from programmers oversees. What makes you think that downloading any particular app that needs to access various information is any different? I like the Seven app and I guess I will just see what happens in the future.
Yeah I'll keep an eye on this thread. Let us know if anything shows up on your bill.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Ive used Seven on my WiMo for years and loved it. Ive been using the the Beta version of Seven for Android 2.x for some time and there are a few things they could improve and things that SHOULD be added but it does work. Just remember it is Beta.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yes, I hope that it gets better but it is so nice to just uncheck the app under the "don't kill" task manager and have the emails pushed like I'm on a blackberry. I hate the stock client that has to poll every X amount of minutes to get your mail. This is soooo much better.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Ive gotten away from using task managers. They seem to cause more battery drain for me because if you close an app you think thats cool right? But then the app restarts and runs for a while so it pulls off the battery whereas if you leave it alone, with no usage it goes dormant.

Rooting and using Titanium Backup to freeze or remove apps is the way to go.

As for Seven, ALL of my mail is filtered into folders. I am on MANY forums and so it is important for me to keep things separated.

But when new mail comes in and gets sorted and filtered, there is no notification of that mail unless it hits the Inbox. Also, going through my folders with this Beta version of Seven is a PITA because there is no numerical notification of new mail in any of those folders either.

Because I get literally hundreds of emails a day, I have to select each email and deleted it as there is no "select all" option.

Im hoping all of these issues will be address. Regardless, Seven is better that K9 or Droid Mail or the native client

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series