PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 09:32 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help me like this phone

I'm coming from a TP2, and after the overclocking was enabled, I started to think it wasn't bad at all. The problem for me was that I'm buying a house where Sprint service is non-existent, and Verizon is the most logical choice.

So instead of a droid x, I got the fascinate, and now I'm wondering why.

First of all, I MISS HTC SENSE lol. I liked the tabs and quick access to email, sms, pictures, contacts, and what have you. So please tell me where I can find widgets that work well with touchwiz.

Secondly, why is bing so overwhelming on touchwiz? I can add google to ADW.Launcher er whatever, but I actually think touchwiz is better. So is there something I'm missing? I installed the enhanced google package floating around.

Finally, I really REALLY need yall to tell me which office apps are the best. I really liked how integrated my activesync shit was with the TP2.

I've rooted, and done lagfix also btw.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:42 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
did your sprint phone not roam on verizon for free. I think it doesn't for 3g but you could get a free airave that would give full sprint signal at your house, at least that's what I did!

Verizon is just so MUCH more $$$ even with an employee discount!
Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2010, 09:46 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Help me like this phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I'm coming from a TP2, and after the overclocking was enabled, I started to think it wasn't bad at all. The problem for me was that I'm buying a house where Sprint service is non-existent, and Verizon is the most logical choice.
Even 3g airwave wont help?

Quote:
So instead of a droid x, I got the fascinate, and now I'm wondering why.
It Fascinated you? lol

Quote:
First of all, I MISS HTC SENSE lol. I liked the tabs and quick access to email, sms, pictures, contacts, and what have you. So please tell me where I can find widgets that work well with touchwiz.
For HTC like clock and weather, you can get Fancy Widget (free but not on market gotta google for it) or Beautiful Widgets (paid and on market)

Quote:
Secondly, why is bing so overwhelming on touchwiz? I can add google to ADW.Launcher er whatever, but I actually think touchwiz is better. So is there something I'm missing? I installed the enhanced google package floating around.
This may sound shocking to you..but...VERIZON ARE JERKS..all the other TouchWiz phones have Google..Verizon just wanted to be a Jerk..I hear they even remapped the maps and everything..you may be able to remove these with root manager or etc and use Google instead..

Quote:
Finally, I really REALLY need yall to tell me which office apps are the best. I really liked how integrated my activesync shit was with the TP2.

I've rooted, and done lagfix also btw.
You may want to get K-9 Mail for mail and for office we have ThinkFree installed on all the other Galaxy S phones..is it not installed by default on yours?

Also since you have a Fascinate see if you can get Samsung Kies and if it Syncs or not...some people were wondering..(it helps with syncing outlook and gets you some free apps)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 09-13-2010 at 09:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:03 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Thanks for the reply. If I move the bing apk files will this enable access to google search within touchwiz, or simply eliminate bing?

As far as airwave and all that, I'm broke man. I'm 26 buying a house lol. I decided a while ago I wouldn't have TV, and internet would be my hacked tethering, but since Sprint has no service there, I had to root this galaxy s and use a third party wifi app. Even then it may not be enough since my work laptop won't allow computer-to-computer connections (domain policy or something.)

Anyways, thanks again for the suggestions. I'll look up fancy widget and see what that's like
Old 09-13-2010, 10:12 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. If I move the bing apk files will this enable access to google search within touchwiz, or simply eliminate bing?
I'm not 100% sure since I don't actually have the device..you'll have to double check with someone who does..It may take a bit since the device just came out recently.

Quote:
As far as airwave and all that, I'm broke man. I'm 26 buying a house lol. I decided a while ago I wouldn't have TV, and internet would be my hacked tethering, but since Sprint has no service there, I had to root this galaxy s and use a third party wifi app. Even then it may not be enough since my work laptop won't allow computer-to-computer connections (domain policy or something.)
You can use the new phone as a TV , I suggest getting Rockplayer and mVideoPlayer for playing back movies.

But you can get sprint to give you airwave for free if you talk to retentions. And after they give you airwave for free..Just tell them that you are moving and that the house has no signal and you'll have to move to verizon.

if they dont give you the new one, exchange it for a new one with Access Point and VOIP capabilities:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/carrier-di...e2-now-3g.html

Last edited by gTen; 09-13-2010 at 11:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I got my airrave 2 and this thing kickass!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2010, 02:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: idk
Carrier: earth

iphoney4u is just getting started

Simple. Hummingbird.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:38 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
I got my airrave 2 and this thing kickass!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
it would be perfect for me if I didn't need to buy internet at the new house lol. Also, as soon as I drive down the road, the service is non-existent. That blows.

Verizon works out better for me in this instance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoney4u View Post
Simple. Hummingbird.
I hear that! I just got myself an snes emulator and not only does it play all the games my TP2 couldn't (like super mario rpg) but it's absolutely as smooth as butter!

Also, every media file I have plays great! My flac files, my divx futurama collection, you name it. I love that.

I'm slowly but surely feeling confident in my decision.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:31 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I just got myself an snes emulator and not only does it play all the games my TP2 couldn't (like super mario rpg) but it's absolutely as smooth as butter!

Also, every media file I have plays great! My flac files, my divx futurama collection, you name it. I love that.

I'm slowly but surely feeling confident in my decision.
Looks like we helped you like your phone!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:23 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfoster View Post
Looks like we helped you like your phone!!!
lol yeah but now I have epic envy LOL

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series