PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Series (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Seido Removes Rugged Protective Case (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133353)

beta 09-09-2010 11:44 AM

Seido Removes Rugged Protective Case

Sedio has stopped a removed development of the Sedio Rugged Case for the Samsung Epic 4g. After speaking with Sedio, it was due to developing the case to work with the sliding mechanism of the Epic 4g.

Now since it has been removed there have been numerous calls, chats, and requests for development to continue.

What do you guys think?

Vassago 09-09-2010 01:45 PM

Re: Seido Removes Rugged Protective Case

I don't understand. Mine works fine with the sliding mechanism.

beta 09-09-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vassago (Post 1939525)
I don't understand. Mine works fine with the sliding mechanism.

The Standard Innocase for the Epic 4g and the Rugged Case differed in design. Apparently the design of the rugged case with the extra slip on case affected he sliding mechanism of the Epic.

Johnny.Bravo 09-10-2010 06:09 AM

I looked at the rugged case online and while it looks impressive, I don't like how much extra bulk it adds (or at least appears to add - I've never actually held it in my hand). So it doesn't really affect me one way or the other. If they redesign it to make it a bit slimmer ten I might consider it, but right now the OEM Sprint hard case I have is fantastic.

beta 09-10-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksfoster (Post 1940341)
I looked at the rugged case online and while it looks impressive, I don't like how much extra bulk it adds (or at least appears to add - I've never actually held it in my hand). So it doesn't really affect me one way or the other. If they redesign it to make it a bit slimmer ten I might consider it, but right now the OEM Sprint hard case I have is fantastic.

There were two sleeves to case to help with the bulk, - You had the standard protection of the innocase active case and then a slip on case for extra protection - ( This was used to protect from drops from certain heights.)

I do have to agree the sprint case has been doing me well so far and is the only one the will let the keyboard move freely without restriction.

wulvesbane 04-08-2011 11:26 PM

the Otterbox comuter series has screwed up my key board any advice on this ???? OUCH

gTen 04-09-2011 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulvesbane (Post 2082317)
the Otterbox comuter series has screwed up my key board any advice on this ???? OUCH

You have an epic 4g? and what do you mean screwed up?

gullzway 04-21-2011 11:30 PM

My innocase lasted about 2 months, then one of the tabs holding the bottom half on broke off. That made that corner very loose. Eventually the clip broke off.

Now I'm back to no case, and a holster. Actually like it better, just don't drop the phone when pulling it out!

The innocase also left permanent marks on the outer edges of the phone.

Sent from an Epic 3g on SERO.