PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Entrepreneur724 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do you do this DLNA stuff?

Ok. I downloaded a movie on my phone -- I want to watch it on my flat screen. Sure a four inch display is nice, however a 60 inch display sounds kind of nice too =).

DLNA products that I have are: PS3, XBOX360.

I did the USB connector with my Epic and the 360, however I have no idea where to go on my 360 to find the device. It doesn't show "portable device" on my 360 -- not sure what's up.

Anyone try this?
Old 09-05-2010, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work
Re: How do you do this DLNA stuff?

"I was figuring out the DLNA feature with allshare. Just run it no settings need to be messed with other than your phone to be connected to your wifi network and you can stream from the phone right into Win7 media player. Just look in media center for samsung under other libraries. It works pretty well."

That's what I posted in the I love this phone thread and has been my experience with it so far. Try that and see if you can see the media on your phone from the consoles. With media player on Win7 the phone is just the media server over wifi as in no controlling with the phone.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:48 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sounds like you have to have a wireless adapter for your Xbox for this to work.

BTW how does that affect the battery life? Does connecting to a DLNA device drain your battery super fast like 4G does? If you're using a wireless connection like the previous post says I suppose you can take the extra 2 seconds to plug the phone into the charger, but if you are using the USB connection does that also charge the phone?
Old 09-07-2010, 01:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

Fosters is a n00b

I tried the xbox 360 thing in allshare, and wasn't able to get it working... in fact, i wasn't able to get anything working when using the "play" part of the phone, as a remote control. I was able to play things from the phone though via the directv hd dvr, as it found the allshare configured "Samsung Mobile" as a server and was able to play music and photos. However, trying the same thing but playing with the phone's controls (play, forward/reverse) none did anything except pop up a message saying "unable to play".

The 360 didn't even see my phone anywhere, under music library or under media center.

Also, even though the directv hd dvr has functionality to allow playback on a networked pc (i have the directv2pc app on my computer), and while it let me browse the contents of the dvr on the phone, I wasn't able to play anything back. I'm gonna have to record something in SD to eliminate the 1080 resolution bottleneck, but my hopes are small at this point... I'd probably be better off going through the slingbox anyway, the HD dvr is one slow device...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series