PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

yahknow1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I absolutely LOVE this Phone!

It's amazing to me how nice EVERYTHING is working now that its configured and setup with all my stuff! I came from a TP2 with Mighty ROM, but sheeeet, I'm never looking back, lol! SORRY, nope! WOW, the browser is awesome the Swipe texting is nothing short of magic! its fast as... and the screen is beautiful! I've only had the thing for a day and I'm thinking it's going to get better?

Is it, it is isn't it?

It's funny how I happened to get it. My TP2's touch screen went out on me Wed night, funny, I had so babied that phone too! Went in to my Sprint Store where they accused me of getting it wet!!!those bastages, I took such good care of that phone, it really torqued me...Anyway, I had been on the fence waiting to get a EVO, they're still hard to get around here. I was eligible for an upgrade but the only 4G they had was the Galaxy S. I played with the phone briefly in the store and liked it, so I thought what the heck, I might as well try it and get on the waiting list for the EVO in the meantime.

So, are there other features that are going to amaze me also, if so, do tell?

I will be reading through all the posts here to better educate myself, I just wanted to plug this phone for anyone else out there thinking about getting it!

Paul
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: I absolutely LOVE this Phone!

Congrats.
p.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work

See, this is what I am talking about.....All these threads around here complaining about how the phone doesn't do this or doesn't do that and the Evo is better at this and that....Plain and simple this phone rocks and I'm glad to see a thread praising it.....I'm also glad you like it as i too am a converted WinMo person....It's good that you seem to have gotten a trouble free device and trust me there is a lot more in store for you Android device that you will love it even more.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:05 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.21126/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

I agree with the OP 100%! This phone ROCKS!!! My wife is a bit annoyed with me because I haven't stopped playing with it since I got it, but hey, like I said....

THIS PHONE ROCKS!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I agree, this phone is epic of epic epicness!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work

jsut got mine today.. Im in love.. best phone I have every owned hands down..
Old 09-03-2010, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

Yep, nice to see the positive thread as I am diggin this thing as well. I was figuring out the DLNA feature with allshare. Just run it no settings need to be messed with other than your phone to be connected to your wifi network and you can stream from the phone right into Win7 media player. Just look in media center for samsung under other libraries. It works pretty well.

Funny thing is the 720P vids from my "old" Evo played but without sound(codec issue?) and less fps, albeit, clear. This Epic looks even better as in clear with full fps and sound. I was driving home and went by the Cleveland air show and pulled over and got to shoot some vids in 720P of the end of the Blue Angels performance. Looks very good other than where I used the digital zoom too much. But whatever, we all know digital zoom anything is low quality.

Speaking of fighter planes the Hawx game is pretty cool and worth a demo with the 6 axis. You have to get into that companies game list for our phones from the sprint home page, categories, downloads, links, select "1 game free from gameloft!" I went round n round with their main site rejecting my phone so it appears it needs to be accessed that way for some sort of sprint tie-in for billing if you want to buy it but at least the list of demos are all available. I was hoping the shooter NOVA worked like it does with the iphone but no. Shooters on a phone without a gyro remain hard to control and less fun but maybe the compass/accelerometers or cameras can make it work in the future.

The phones stock interface is pretty nice but I still went with launcher pro, very worth trying out from the market. Well enjoy the new toy.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

im from cleveland bro!
Old 09-04-2010, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

im from cleveland bro!
Still here or did you leave for better weather? This summer has been great so I can't complain. I think I have been out water skiing more times this year than the last 8. We did a nice long ski run from Euclid to Fairport Harbor on one of those good days. That was a fun workout. lol Feels good to still be catching a little air off the wake approaching my end of 30's crisis. Steelers huh? No matter, I like hockey better anyway.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

still there..mentally...fork the artist better known as the akron dude...trying to start beef betwen 216 and 330...what up wit that dude!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series