PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Series (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   saved to device or to phone??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132887)

2kidz 09-02-2010 01:17 PM

saved to device or to phone???

i dunno why but i'm thinkn that my apps and downloads are saving to my phone and NOT to my storage card (which is where i want my stuff to be saved) is there anyway i can determine if this is in fact true? if it is going to my phone, how can i switch things to arrange for everything to go to my card???

Vassago 09-02-2010 01:40 PM

Re: saved to device or to phone???

I could be wrong, but that's seems to be a feature available in 2.2 on. We may have to wait for an update.

2kidz 09-02-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vassago (Post 1932874)
I could be wrong, but that's seems to be a feature available in 2.2 on. We may have to wait for an update.

that sux because i dont want ANYTHING saving to my device, i want EVERYTHING to go to my storage card! ;-(

Vertigo 09-02-2010 04:57 PM

No, all downloads are saved to thbe SD card. If you open My Files app you will see all your downloads under /sdcard/downloads/

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Vassago 09-02-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo (Post 1933080)
No, all downloads are saved to thbe SD card. If you open My Files app you will see all your downloads under /sdcard/downloads/

I think he's thinking installed applications.

Vertigo 09-02-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vassago (Post 1933111)
I think he's thinking installed applications.

Oh then yes, he will need root + app2sd or 2.2.

arabdrifter 09-06-2010 08:08 PM

i thought 2.2 came stock with the epic?? also had the same problem with the evo, except it had no app to where u can get to what files/programs/etc have been downloaded...

so when u go to download something off the net, with my tp2 it give me the option to download to card or device...is this the same with the epic???

cloudtp2 09-07-2010 01:31 AM

when i install apps from the android market it does not give me an option, i really havent checked where it is saved to.

Wizhk 09-07-2010 02:21 AM

Until 2.2 or Root (as mentioned) your market apps will go to the Device.

Once you get 2.2 apps from the market can be moved to the SD Card, depending on if the developer has allowed this function. The easiest way that I have found to move the apps (I have the Evo with the Froyo's) is to get appbrain from the market and it gives you the option to organize your apps by there location. You can then click on them one at a time and move to SD card. You will notice many with no option to move. These have not been given that permission by the developer.

Wizhk

cloudtp2 09-07-2010 02:42 AM

does it make that mush of a difference. so far i have downloaded so many apps. stupid ones too. like chuck Norris jokes or funny jokes, math stuff, some games. just anything that i see. and so far havent seen any deference in performance. i even open up like 6 of them at once and saw my device manager go to red. showing me that by battery life is going to suck if i keep it this way. i was using the phone like crazy and still didnt slow down or anything.