PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Series (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Touch Wizv3 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132769)

valdor21 09-01-2010 12:46 AM

Touch Wizv3

i just went to sprint waited in a line with a total of 5 people.. and received my samsung epic which was in all a pretty painless procedure compared to the mayhem which was the evo on its release day

so let me get straight to the point.. how do you feel about the touch wiz ui? i am definitely a iphone hater.. and touch wiz reminds me of the iphone ui in almost every way.. but i find myself strangely falling in love with it..

i even enjoy it more then htc evo's ui am i sick? or does anyone else feel this way

revaaron 09-01-2010 10:13 AM

Re: Touch Wizv3

I miss the senseui screen with the weather/big clock.

revaaron 09-01-2010 10:15 AM

and if you load any widgets it's not the same.
it's like having a desk that you put a clock on and it doesn't quite fit.
where as the senseui is like having a desk with a clock build right into it.

Phen0m 09-01-2010 11:07 AM

liked it.. but switched to launcher pro and havent looked back

fsp48 09-01-2010 11:09 AM

No. I was pretty impressed with touch wiz 3 after using it for the first time. All I knew about it was all the negative comments about it from past phones. It lacks a few things that I want it to do so I still went with Launcher Pro.

valdor21 09-01-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 1931311)
I miss the senseui screen with the weather/big clock.

if you want the big clock like sense ui you could use beautiful widgets

and i also switched to launcher pro right away.. but when you go into contacts and text messages.. you can still see the touch wiz ui at work and it pleases me for some strange reason

crazaytalent 09-01-2010 03:46 PM

Im really enjoying touchwiz since yesterday... i was expecting not to like it, but after you get used to it, and with some simple customizing its pretty slick... i love the shortcuts and with some minor tweak... 3rd part widgets and and suck like a 3rd party sms app... its freakin sweet... have switch to launcher pro, i will, once i get bored or something, but im enjoying this for now... maybe I just like to be different from everyone... but hey it works for me and i see no reason to go rushing for something else just yet... probably same reason i havent rooted yet... theres planty of time... ill get to it eventually... this way ill always have stuff to enjoy...lol

Vassago 09-01-2010 04:38 PM

I'm really enjoying it too. I didn't think I would after being spoiled by Sense, but the widgets are enough for me. Maybe I'm not seeing what the difference or big deal is between a Widget clock/weather and the Sense one... I think being able to customize it and place it where I want beats the heck out of one "built into the desk."

vansmack 09-01-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valdor21 (Post 1931782)
if you want the big clock like sense ui you could use beautiful widgets

This.

I really missed the HTC Clock/Weather widget too, but then I dropped $2 on "Beautiful Widgets" and the customization features alone are worth the $2 over HTC's Widget. Add to it all the free Clock and Weather Skins and I actually dislike using the HTC Clock now.

littlefreak 09-03-2010 02:34 PM

My only complaint is the Epic has a handicapped version of the Touch Wiz all the other Galaxy S phones have more customizable features on theirs... Like they can drag differnt apps to their launchers and the program view is alot more sortable.