PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 09:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

buckrub58 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First Impressions of the Epic: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepreneur724 View Post
Dude I owe you so much for beguiling me to buy a Epic. LOL -- you were better than google for sure. You're best bet is too really just buy it in stores.... Some users on eBay just give you the "iffy" feeling. I hate that. Personally, I like the feeling of going into the store....Getting that nice "new" smell box...Opening myself....Feeling the awesomeness that comes through a brand new electronic device....It's almost like buying a brand new BMW M3, well not quite.....
Oh don't worry man.. Your still going to get that new unboxing expierence. It's coming as fast as the mail service can bring it!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:06 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

just got mine.... sex.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Battery life always sucks when you get a new phone, because you can't put the thing down!!! But, get JuiceDefender from the market (free). It will shut off your data connection when the phone is in standby. It still enables it for 1 min, ever 15 min, so you get all your notifications, etc. I used this on my EVO with the CM6 nightlies, to great success. You can upgrade to UltimateJuice, as it enables some additional options.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:22 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Can somebody confirm whether there is a tv-out function or if it is true they disabled it?
Thank-you!!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:47 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Can somebody confirm whether there is a tv-out function or if it is true they disabled it?
Thank-you!!
this morning at the sprint store they told me it was disabled. i havent had the chance to try it out. they told me the only video out was wireless dlna.
boo.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
this morning at the sprint store they told me it was disabled. i havent had the chance to try it out. they told me the only video out was wireless dlna.
boo.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:47 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have to say I have 2 Epics and 2 Evos and coming from the Evo ...Im not impressed. But if I was coming from the TP or TP2 it might have a bigger impression on me but I think I will stick with my Evo.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:12 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
I have to say I have 2 Epics and 2 Evos and coming from the Evo ...Im not impressed. But if I was coming from the TP or TP2 it might have a bigger impression on me but I think I will stick with my Evo.

CW
+1... I miss my big screen & HTC's Copy & Paste. The keyboard is ok but the TP2's is better...
Old 08-31-2010, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G/Epic 4G

NuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post

CW
Hmm great minds....

I have 2 EVO's and today 2 Epics as well. I gotta say I'm liking the epic. I do like touch wiz and the keyboard! The biggest surprise is that it isn't much bigger than the EVO. Also the super Amoled screen does not seem to be that big of a deal compared to the EVO. Anyways good to see you here WarChild.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:28 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuLLKiLL View Post
Hmm great minds....

I have 2 EVO's and today 2 Epics as well. I gotta say I'm liking the epic. I do like touch wiz and the keyboard! The biggest surprise is that it isn't much bigger than the EVO. Also the super Amoled screen does not seem to be that big of a deal compared to the EVO. Anyways good to see you here WarChild.
I would have to say the size is very acceptable for having a keyboard, makes me wounder if the Evo couldn't have been a bit thinner.

CW
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series