PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 08:56 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Epic has GPS issue fixed out of box?

Quote:
If you own a Galaxy S anywhere in the world or you're thinking of buying one, you're probably well-acquainted at this point with the GPS issues it's been suffering that prevent you from getting anything close to a precise lock on your location -- it might not be a deal-breaker for some, but for anyone planning on using their phone for turn-by-turn nav or fitness tracking (for instance) it's a big deal. Samsung's already committed to updating released versions of the phone in September, but what about the upcoming Epic 4G? Our testing suggests that it's functional -- Google Maps was able to give us extremely precise positions very quickly -- and a statement we've received from Samsung seems to corroborate that:
"We have tested and validated both Network Assisted (indoor) and Autonomous (outdoor) GPS on the Epic 4G. With regards to Vibrant and Captivate, we are currently testing software updates which will optimize GPS performance. We expect to be able to make the updates available in September and will communicate more information and download instructions in the next few weeks."
In other words, the Captivate and the Vibrant have the bug and will be fixed next month; the Epic, meanwhile, should be good to go when it launches on the 31st. Cheers to that, we say.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/18/s...-4g-our-testi/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-18-2010, 09:11 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Epic has GPS issue fixed out of box?

im gonna play with a sprint epic Friday and may pm you some serious thoughts on it if you want? im not gonna bash it cause its samsung but it does look nice from what i just saw at sprint store.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
im gonna play with a sprint epic Friday and may pm you some serious thoughts on it if you want? im not gonna bash it cause its samsung but it does look nice from what i just saw at sprint store.
Sure that would be cool!...maybe want to make a thread for it to see if people have questions that you can answer for them?

One thing I wanna know is if you take out the battery, is there a sim slot? (I know chances are no but there were some rumors about it and just want to get them cleaned up lol)
Old 08-18-2010, 09:40 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Sure that would be cool!...maybe want to make a thread for it to see if people have questions that you can answer for them?

One thing I wanna know is if you take out the battery, is there a sim slot? (I know chances are no but there were some rumors about it and just want to get them cleaned up lol)
about the thread i wanna ok some things with him such as pictures ect. but hes pretty cool about stuff so maybe i can "leak" some pictures and answer questions.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:44 PM
acs tester

heres your answer i just got from him on sim, "There was no GSM radio listed on the FCC paperwork so there is not a sim slot"
Old 08-18-2010, 09:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
heres your answer i just got from him on sim, "There was no GSM radio listed on the FCC paperwork so there is not a sim slot"
Yeah I know that..but I don't think GSM was in the FCC for the TP2 either because it was locked for the US..I'm wondering the possibility that maybe its there but locked by firmware...of course it is possible that the SIM slot was removed after the proto-type as well..or maybe they are gonna pull a Droid 2 on us and release later a World Edition lol...but just check on it when you get to see it, if your not allowed to take a pic thats fine I'll take your word for it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series