PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 08:13 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can we look at the TP2 for accessories for the EPIC?

I am switching from the Touch Pro 2 to the Epic and it occurred to me that the long list of accessories out there for the TP2 might be a good place to start looking for similar accessories for the Epic. Their form factors are practically identical (albeit the Epic is bigger). How about some feedback from TP2 owners on how well their accessories work. For example, I bought a plastic clip-on case for mine and returned it the next day because it was way too much trouble to take apart in order to get to the battery and the micro SD card. I think I would like a neoprene-style case that I can open the slider without removing it. Does anyone else have any feedback on cases, chargers, pouches, etc?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: proud owner of a samsung epic 4g!!!
Carrier: sprint

2kidz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 2kidz
Re: Can we look at the TP2 for accessories for the EPIC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfoster View Post
I am switching from the Touch Pro 2 to the Epic and it occurred to me that the long list of accessories out there for the TP2 might be a good place to start looking for similar accessories for the Epic. Their form factors are practically identical (albeit the Epic is bigger). How about some feedback from TP2 owners on how well their accessories work. For example, I bought a plastic clip-on case for mine and returned it the next day because it was way too much trouble to take apart in order to get to the battery and the micro SD card. I think I would like a neoprene-style case that I can open the slider without removing it. Does anyone else have any feedback on cases, chargers, pouches, etc?
welp, i can verify that the car charger for the tp-2 didnt work for my son's evo...i bought him one from of all places the local dollar general/family dollar store and it works PERFECTLY! only cost me $6!!! dunno about other accessories but i think this is a fabulous question and i look forward to other responses!
Old 08-18-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint -/|

mykie is becoming a great contributor

As a RAZR -> Touch Pro -> Touch Pro 2 user, I've amassed a number of MiniUSB charging devices and cables over the years, which simply worked with most of my devices.

Starting with my wife's LG Lotus, I've started noticing more MicroUSB devices trickling into the house. Rather than throw away all those accessories I've already invested in, i found these cool little mini-to-micro USB adaptors on Meritline:

http://www.meritline.com/mini-usb-mi...--p-47016.aspx

These ones are nice because they have a sturdy little tether on them, so I can charge either type of device, and not lose the adaptor. I keep one on all of my mini USB cables!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:35 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Threadstarter

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I was thinking more along the lines of what works and what doesn't work ergonomically for the TP2. The Good Idea Fairy gets most of her work done when a product is new. I expect to see a slew of accessories for the Epic coming out soon. Some will be good, some will be crap. I think the TP2 is a good place to look for what already works with this form factor.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Coucher is just getting started

I'm upgrading from a Touch Pro and I have two USB docks, one for home, one for work. I'm hoping to find a cheap option for an Epic dock.

I'm certain once the phone is actually available there will be a lot of accessories that start to make their way onto the market.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS

i believe that the epic uses a microusb port as opposed to the miniusb on the TP2, evo, and razr. personally i think its a good move as the miniusb just seems to have more problems after lots of usage, but those devices i have that use microusb don't have the same problems...but that could just be my experiences.

also, the epic is slimmer, longer, and wider, than the tp2....so that may give some issues as far as holsters and other accessories go. im just hoping that there are LOTS of accessories developed as with the evo.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS View Post
i believe that the epic uses a microusb port as opposed to the miniusb on the TP2, evo, and razr. personally i think its a good move as the miniusb just seems to have more problems after lots of usage, but those devices i have that use microusb don't have the same problems...but that could just be my experiences.

also, the epic is slimmer, longer, and wider, than the tp2....so that may give some issues as far as holsters and other accessories go. im just hoping that there are LOTS of accessories developed as with the evo.
EVO uses MicroUSB.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Also, the charge/sync port for the Epic is on top, whereas the TP/TP2/Evo phones have the charge/sync port on the bottom of the device. Keep that in mind when using mounts/docks/etc.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series