PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 06:35 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Other places to buy the Epic - no mail-in rebate

I posted this somewhere else but I think it warrants its own thread.

Radio Shack is taking pre-orders for the Epic online for $249.00 (+tax) out the door ...no mail-in rebate. They say they will start shipping in the order the pre-orders are received starting Aug 31st. They will place a pre-authorization for the entire amount on your credit card as soon as you place the pre-order, but will not actually charge you until the phone is shipped and activated.

http://radioshackwireless.com/eComme...custblock=true

As of this posting Best Buy was still updating their website, but I bet when it comes back up they will have a similar deal.

EDIT: Best Buy is back up and they are offering the same deal - $249.00.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...contract_desc=

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 08-13-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TripleAgent is just getting started
Re: Other places to buy the Epic - no mail-in rebate

Any word on any bonuses/additional benefits from there besides the rebate? Like the free Bluetooth sets they were giving out with the Evo?
Old 08-13-2010, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Coucher is just getting started

CellularDeals.com so far is the cheapest I've found. Instant Rebate and free shipping.

http://shop.cellulardeals.com/eComme...ardeals&agent=
Old 08-13-2010, 10:12 AM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coucher View Post
CellularDeals.com so far is the cheapest I've found. Instant Rebate and free shipping.

Anyone have experience shopping with cellulardeals?

Also, best buy is taking pre-orders through their website...funny thing is, it shows:

Shipping: Estimated to arrive 08/17-08/21/2010

Yeah right!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MOGUL, TP1, TP2, EVO, EPIC 4g

nadcicle20 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coucher View Post

They are pretty much the same thing as wirefly.. So I guess you can add wirefly to that list

http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/Spe...custblock=true

Only thing about them is I see nowhere you can keep your current plan...
Old 08-13-2010, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Coucher is just getting started

Anyone know of any way to get a Sprint store to do a instant rebate like all of the retailers instead of the crappy mail in rebate?

I'd much rather walk into a Sprint store on 8/31 to pick up the phone on release day, but really don't want to screw with a mail in rebate so it looks like if you want the instant rebate you have to wait on the phone to ship from one of the retailers.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: proud owner of a samsung epic 4g!!!
Carrier: sprint

2kidz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 2kidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
Anyone have experience shopping with cellulardeals?

Also, best buy is taking pre-orders through their website...funny thing is, it shows:

Shipping: Estimated to arrive 08/17-08/21/2010

Yeah right!
u beat me to it!!! i was just about to post the SAME THING! what gives???

Choose a shipping method to view the item's shipping cost and estimated arrival date.
•Items are shipped as they become available.
•Final shipping and availability information is displayed in Checkout.
•After you place your order, you can track its status in the Your Account section.
•The estimated order arrival date for each item includes the time it takes to process and pack your order, and the transit time of the shipping method you choose.
•All orders are processed and shipped during our normal business hours (Monday - Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., excluding holidays).
ItemShipping Method
Availability
Est. Arrival Date

Epic 4G Mobile Phone

Standard( $5.50 ) Expedited( $9.99 ) Express( $16.99 ) Shipping: Usually ships in 15-21 business days
Store Pickup: Not Available

08/17-08/21/2010

Old 08-13-2010, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: proud owner of a samsung epic 4g!!!

2kidz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 2kidz

sooo...best buy's site states that there is no in store pick up...what exactly does this mean??? they WONT have the phone in store on 8/31/10??? u can only preorder and have the phone shipped to your home??? u cant preorder and pick up from store??? what are they saying? i would like to preorder from best buy but dont wanna hafta keep checking my mailbox for the delivery....i wanna preorder and pick up from the store on the 31st!
Old 08-13-2010, 11:16 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kidz View Post
sooo...best buy's site states that there is no in store pick up...what exactly does this mean??? they WONT have the phone in store on 8/31/10??? u can only preorder and have the phone shipped to your home??? u cant preorder and pick up from store??? what are they saying? i would like to preorder from best buy but dont wanna hafta keep checking my mailbox for the delivery....i wanna preorder and pick up from the store on the 31st!
ya. looks like it wont be instores for a while at best buy. and thats not fast shipping either. if you preorder from best buy, id expect it to come on about the 4th of sept.
personally, im not willing to pay for the phone now and not get it till next month. the good thing about the sprint store is that no money changes hands. since they bill me for phones, i can try it out for 30 days before i even pay my bill. good luck getting your money back from best buy if you dont like the phone. i seen people get the bb/sprint run around where sprint says go to a best buy for returns and best buy say to call sprint tele sale for returns, and no one wants to take it back.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TripleAgent is just getting started

Just got back from the closest Radio Shack from work, did in-store reservation on 2 Epics. Promised on 31st. 249.99 plus tax each out the door. Looks like no extra/free addons.

Last edited by TripleAgent; 08-13-2010 at 11:28 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series